Mayor Jean Quan
Oakland in the News
Make a Payment
Jobs & Contracts
Search by employee name, department, email address or telephone number to find contact information for all City employees.
City of Oakland Events Calendar
Sign up here for email updates on News and Events from the City of Oakland.
The City of Oakland has created a web page that brings together information and resources to help you with all your parking questions, including contact information for specific departments should you need additional assistance. Topics include:
- Parking Hours & Rates
- Curb Colors and What They Mean
- Pay a Parking Ticket
- Disabled Parking
- Street Sweeping
The City Council is Oakland’s legislative body. Its eight members are directly elected by Oakland voters—one representative from each of seven districts and one at-large representative. To find out who your City Councilmember is, use our Council District Locator.
Cheer on the Golden State Warriors
Join with the City of Oakland in cheering on the Golden State Warriors as they head into their 2nd consecutive trip to the NBA Playoffs!
- Pick up Warriors cheer cards at the Visit Oakland offices, 481 Water St. in Jack London Square
- Check for Warriors specials from participating restaurants and retailers at www.visitoakland.org
- Click here to download a printable Warriors cheer card
- City Hall will be awash in Blue and Yellow lights
Oakland Police Chief Recruitment
The City of Oakland is embarking on a several-month process to conduct a national search for a permanent Police Chief of the Oakland Police Department (OPD). Our goal is to ensure that the best and brightest candidates emerge from a nationwide recruitment process within the required timeline. The City will engage the community and the Police Department workforce early on to maximize stakeholder input. This input will be used to develop a position profile for the professional recruiter to identify qualified candidates and to guide the Administration on the best candidates. Your input will help make this recruitment a success.
FY 2013-15 Proposed Policy Budget
On Wednesday, April 17, Mayor Jean Quan and City Administrator Deanna J. Santana released the City of Oakland’s FY 2013-15 Proposed Policy Budget. Click here to visit our Budget Page and view:
- Proposed Budget
- Fact Sheets
- Supporting Documents
- Upcoming Budget Town Hall Meetings
Public safety is our number one priority. The City of Oakland gathered input from neighbors across the city on public safety priorities to incorporate into a comprehensive crime reduction and suppression strategic plan. The town hall meetings were led by the renowned consulting team, Strategic Policy Partnership. As part of the crime reduction plan, the OPD has recently divided the city into five Police Areas which will facilitate crime reduction and prevention strategies tailored for each area.
- Click here to learn more about Ceasefire
- Click here to watch a video update on Public Safety
- Click here to view information on the five new Police Areas
- Click here to view the Presentation by Strategic Policy Partnership.
- Click here to watch a video of the March 6 town hall meeting.
- Executive Summary - Bratton Group Findings & Recommendations, May 9, 2013
- The Bratton Group Report: District Based Investigations in Oakland
For a comprehensive list of public safety services and resources, visit our Public Safety page.
Oakland Ranked #5 Place to Visit in the World!
Oakland ranked as the 5th most desirable destination to visit this year in The New York Times piece on “The 45 Places to Go in 2012.” Click here to read the article.The original story generated signficant local and national press coverage. Here's a sampling of some of the coverage as well as a list of other accolades bestowed on Oakland. To learn more about visiting Oakland, please visit www.visitoakland.org.
Visit Oakland Public Works website for more information >
Help us shape, grow, and sustain the healthy future of our city. Suggest Ideas, second ideas you support, and leave feedback.
Join our Facebook community!
Our Facebook page is dedicated to you - the people who live, work and own businesses in Oakland, California.
Find us on Twitter!
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on recent news.
Arts. Culture. Shopping. Celebrate Oakland’s diversity. Shopping locally keeps your tax dollars from your purchases in Oakland. Take the Oakland Grown Challenge. Visit these sites for the latest eats, cultural attractions and happenings all over town.
- Discover the Uptown ArtPark, the City's first outdoor sculpture park in the Uptown District
- Eat, Shop, Explore Oakland Grown
- Destination Oakland - Official Visitor Website
- Experience Oakland Arts
- Meet Downtown Oakland!
Now is a Great Time to Invest in Oakland
With the economy showing signs of recovery, now is a great time to invest in Oakland. The City offers a wide range of assistance and programs to help your business grow and prosper in Oakland.
- Learn about the City's Economic Stimulus Projects
- 2013 Oakland Structures insert from the San Francisco Business Times
- Choose Oakland insert
- April 2013 Economic Indicators Report
- Oakland backs Business - Resource Guide
- Business Assistance Center
- Business Tax Office
- Business Incentives
- City Owned Properties and Real Estate for Lease and Sale
- Employee Recruitment & Training
- Doing Business with the City
- Business Leaders Talk up Oakland
- Business News
Nationally recognized as one of