Our Upcoming Events
New Trash, Recycling and Compost Services
For Oakland Residents
On July 1, 2015, Oakland Recycles will introduce upgraded services that benefit all residents citywide.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Food Scraps and Yard Trimmings Recycling (Compost) service will cover all residences, including apartment buildings and condos over 5 units.
- Your current carts will be re-labeled with new “What Goes Where” stickers.
- You will be able to request right-size containers for all materials, including 20-gallon carts for trash, recycling, and compost.
- Four Free Bulky Drop-Off Events for residents will take place each year.
- Once-a-Year Bulky Pickup scheduled at your convenience will continue for residents of 1-4 unit buildings and be added for residents of buildings over 5 units.
- Household Batteries will now be collected on top of your recycling cart instead of your trash cart (for residents of 1-4 unit buildings). Residents of buildings over 5 units will also have household batteries collection - details coming soon.
- Collection trucks will be powered by natural gas to improve air quality.
Most service days will remain the same but pickup times could change. If your service day changes, you will be notified.
Your Residential Collection Service Providers
California Waste Solutions:
All Residential Recycling Collection beginning July 1, 2015
(510) OAKLAND (625-5263)
Waste Management of Alameda County:
All Residential Trash and Compost Collection (Food Scraps and Yard Trimmings Recycling)
More Information For Oakland Residents
- Spanish - Guía del Programa de Reciclaje Residencial
- Chinese - 住宅回收計劃指南
- Vietnamese - Hướng Dẫn Chương Tr.nh Tái Chế Cho Cư Dân
- Spanish - Guía para el Programa de Reciclado en Apartamentos y Condominios
- Chinese - 住宅公寓 廢棄物回收項目指南
- Vietnamese - Hướng dẫn Chương trình Tái chế Dành cho Chung cư và Hộ gia đình
- Spanish - Vienen nuevos servicios 1.˚ de julio de 2015
- Chinese - 新服務將從 2015年7月1日啟動
- Vietnamese - Các Dịch Vụ Mới Ra Sẽ Bắt Đầu Ngày 1 tháng Bảy, 2015
"What Goes Where" Recycling Guide
Between May 1 and June 30, residential carts will receive ‘what goes where’ stickers.
Look for a new Residential Recycling Program Guide attached to the trash cart handle.
Thank you for doing your part to help Oakland Recycle Right.
Contact the Oakland Recycles hotline at (510) 238-7283 or via email email@example.com.