Our Upcoming Events
Specific and Area Plans
The City of Oakland is working with community stakeholders to develop land use and transportation goals, policies and programs in the following areas:
- Downtown Oakland Specific Plan ("Plan Downtown Oakland")
- Downtown Oakland Comprehensive Circulation Study
We urge you to get involved!
To spur investment in key neighborhoods, the City of Oakland has prepared Specific and Area Plans. These plans define a clear vision for these neighborhoods and how to achieve the vision. Development proposals consistent with these Plans benefit from a streamlined entitlement process, relying on the Plans’ approved Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) for faster approval.
Additionally, the Plans serve as a comprehensive guidebook which addresses a number of planning, zoning and environmental issues upfront. This provides a significant amount of certainty for developers.
We urge you to become familiar with the goals, policies, programs and implementation measures included in these plans:
- Project Status Map for BVDSP (updated March 6, 2017)
- Brochure for BVDSP
- Broadway Valdez District Specific Plan
- Link to page with the BVDSP EIR, #17
- Central Estuary Area Plan (CEAP)
- Project Status Map for CEAP
- Central Estuary Specific Plan and Design Guidelines
- Link to page with the CEAP EIR, #28
- Coliseum Area Specific Plan (CASP)
- Project Status Map for CASP
- Brochure for CASP
- Coliseum Area Specific Plan
- Link to page with the CASP EIR, #23
- Lake Merritt Station Area Plan (LMSAP)
- Project Status Map for LMSAP (updated September 15, 2016)
- Brochure for LMSAP
- Lake Merritt Station Area Plan and Design Guidelines
- Link to page with the LMSAP EIR, #16
- West Oakland Specific Plan (WOSP)
In addition to these Specific and Area Plans, the following Transportation Plans have been completed:
- Harrison Street/Oakland Avenue Community Transportation Plan
- International Boulevard Transit-Oriented Development Plan
Click here to view related Transportation Area Plans at the Public Works website.