Our Upcoming Events
Commissions and Boards
The purpose of the Oakland Planning Commission is "to promote the orderly growth and development of the City through studies, decisions on development proposals, policy recommendations to the City Council, and related activities."
City Planning Commission meetings are held twice a month on Wednesdays, usually at 6:00 p.m., but occasionally earlier if there is a long agenda, at Oakland City Hall, One Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Hearing Room No. 1 in Oakland, CA 94612.
- Planning Commissioners
- Planning Commission Committee Assignments
- Planning Commission Meeting Archive
- 2016 Planning Commission Spring/Summer Schedule
- 2016 Planning Commission Summer/Fall Schedule
Planning Commission Committees
Planning Commission Committee meetings are generally held on a monthly basis when there are items for review and are in the same location as full Planning Commission meetings. Please click on the links in order to view recent agendas and to confirm meeting times and locations.
- Design Review Committee (DRC)
- Residential Appeals Committee (RAC)
- Zoning Update Committee (ZUC)
- Special Projects Committee
- Policies and Procedures Committee
- Special Administrative Hearing (Egbert Souse's bar at 3758-3760 Piedmont Ave) - June 23, 2014 (CANCELLED)
- Special Administrative Hearing (Value Inn motel at 370 W. MacArthur Blvd) - February 2, 2016 (RESCHEDULED)
- Special Administrative Hearing (Value Inn Motel at 370 W. MacArthur Blvd) - April 19, 2016 - Staff Report
Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board
The Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board (LPAB) meetings are generally held on the second Monday of each month at 6 pm, at Oakland City Hall, One Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Hearing Room 1, in Oakland, CA 94612. Visit the links below for current and past LPAB agendas.
- Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board Agenda Archive
- Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board Meeting Calendar for 2016
- Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board Members
|September 12, 2016||Agenda||Item #1 - Uptown Station|
Item #2 - North Field
Item #3 - Oak Knoll
Item #4 - St. Joseph's
|August 8, 2016||Agenda||Item #! - The Alley|
Item #2 - Lucasey Lofts
Item #3 - 174 - 6th St.
Sub-Committee Report - 21st St.
|July 11, 2016||Agenda||Item #1 - Heritage Property Nominations w/attachments H1 - H4|
Item #2 - Mills Act Contract Applications w/attachments M1 - M8
Item 3 - Mountain View Cemetery
|June 13, 2016||Agenda|| Item #1 - 5295 Broadway Terrace|
Item #2 - 570 - 21st Street
Item #3 - 41 Tunnel Road
|May 9, 2016||Agenda|| Item #1: Mountain View Cemetery|
Item #2: 600 - 21st Street
Item #3: Oak Knoll Project
|April 11, 2016||Agenda - Revised||Minutes|
|March 14, 2016||Agenda||Item # 1: Laurel Theater|
Item #2: Downtown Specific Plan
|February 22, 2016||Agenda with attachments||Minutes|
|February 22, 2016||Tour Announcement|
|February 8, 2016||Agenda - CANCELLED|
|January 11, 2016||Agenda with attachments|