Our Upcoming Events
Health and Wellness Unit
Here's to a Better You!
Helpful Phone Numbers
- Health and Wellness Unit Program Coordinator: 510-238-3156
- Peer Support: 510-882-7846
- Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT): 510-377-6455
- Chaplains: 510-917-0125
- MHN* (Managed Health Network): 800-227-1060
- EAP* (Employee Assistance Program): 1-800-834-3773
Both EAP and MHN offer a comprehensive range of services and a broad network of counselors (see examples below).
Confidential Help at Your Fingertips
Dealing with grief, depression, stress, anxiety, alcohol and drug use, divorce, parenting or any issue impacting your quality of life?
Don’t hesitate to make that call!
Michael Palmertree, MFT
Mental Health Consultant for OPD (all members)
MHN – Managed Health Network
Claremont Employee Assistance Program
Father Jayson Landeza
OPD Peer Support Team
OPD colleagues who volunteer their time to listen and help you sort out issues
Claremont EAP and MHN Services
Available To All Members, Sworn and Civilian (And Family Members)
Claremont EAP and MHN have successfully served clients in the Bay Area, working with both public and private sector firms. We are confident that their services will provide outstanding programs, responding to employees' diverse needs.
MHN is the resource for sworn members; Claremont EAP is the resource for civilian members.
The following are examples of Claremont EAP and MHN services available to all members and employees as well as their family members:
- Counseling Visits: Counseling visits per incident with a licensed clinician. These visits can address personal issues such as: stress, marital & family problems, emotional problems, alcohol & drug dependency, relationships, work-related difficulties, psychiatric disorders, and more.
- Substance Abuse Treatment: Help to access City and/or Health Plan Benefits and provide support and monitoring.
- Legal Consultation: Free consultations, referrals provided to attorneys or mediators. Legal matters can include: family/domestic law, consumer/contract issues, personal injury, traffic tickets, DUI, estate planning, bankruptcy and more (not covered: employment related matters). Simple Will-Kits can also be provided.
- Financial Services: Telephone consultations regarding credit counseling, debt and budgeting assistance, estate planning, tax planning, retirement and college planning, as well as various investment subjects and tax issues. Free Credit Reports and review can also be provided.
- Work/Life Services: Research and qualified referrals for
- Child Care Referrals
- Elder Care Referrals
- School/College Assistance
- Adoption Assistance
- Pet Care
- Daily Living/Convenience Referrals
- Wellness Referrals