Our Upcoming Events
Long Range Property Management Plan
With the dissolution of redevelopment the use of former redevelopment agency property in Oakland is regulated by a Long Range Property Management Plan (“LRPMP”) authorized by the Oakland Redevelopment Successor Agency and approved by the Oakland Oversight Board and the State of California Department of Finance. The LRPMP has four categories of property, including:
1. Six parcels assembled into four sites for governmental use that were transferred to the City of Oakland;
2. Three parcels assembled into two properties needed to fulfill an enforceable obligation that remains with ORSA;
3. Sixty seven parcels clustered into twenty five development sites for future development projects that were transferred to the City of Oakland; and
4. Twelve parcels clustered into five sites of for sale properties that remain with ORSA.
Oakland has received all required approvals and has met the conditions of the Department of Finance by executing a Compensation Agreement with the taxing entities. These documents are available at the following links:
Exclusive Negotiating Agreements
The City of Oakland is now developing projects on some of the properties listed in the Long Range Management Plan. The first step in developing a site is selecting a developer and entering into an Exclusive Negotiating Agreement or ENA. The ENA gives the developer exclusive rights to a site while the developer prepares schematic designs, California Environmental Quality Act review, planning entitlements, financial feasibility analysis and negotiates terms for a lease or purchase of the site under a Lease/Disposition and Development Agreement or L/DDA.
The list of current ENAs with the City of Oakland includes:
1. Coliseum City with New City Development LLC
2. City Center T-5/6 with Strada Investment Group
3. West Oakland Transit Village with 7th Street Community Partners, LLC
4. 23rd & Valdez with Harrison TDP Partners, LLC
5. 2100 Telegraph with TB2 Retail Complex, LLC
6. Fruitvale Transit Village Phase II B with Spanish Speaking Unity Council Of Alameda County, Inc.
7. Oakland Army Base with California Waste Solutions, Inc.
8. Oakland Army Base with Custom Alloy Scrap Sales, Inc.
9. Coliseum Transit Village with Oakland Economic Development Corporation
10. Kaiser Convention Center with Orton Development, Inc.
11. 10451 MacArthur Boulevard with AMG & Associates
Disposition and Development Agreements
2. Oakland Army Base with Oakland Maritime Support Services, LLC
3. Champion Street Site with Jack Stewart
4. 2000-2016 Telegraph Avenue with W/L Broadway Telegraph Owner VII, LLC
5. Foothill And Seminary Project with Sunfield Development, LLC
6. Fruitvale Transit Village Phase II A with Spanish Speaking Unity Council Of Alameda County, Inc.
Prior to the approval of a DDA and sale of a former redevelopment site, the City is required to prepare a report that includes: 1) cost of the agreement to the city; 2) estimated value of the interest at the highest and best use; 3) estimated value of the interest with the conditions of the DDA; and 4) explanation of why the sale or lease of the property will assist in the creation of economic opportunity.
Here are the links to reports for the following sites: