- Animal Services
- Budget Office
- Citizens' Police Review Board
- Cannabis Regulatory Commission
- Community Policing Advisory Board
- Contracts and Compliance
- Cultural Arts & Marketing
- Economic & Workforce Development
- Employee Relations
- Safety and Services Act of 2014 (Measure Z)
- Nuisance Abatement
- Privacy Advisory Commission
- Project Implementation
- Public Ethics Commission
- Police Commission
- Real Estate
- Special Permits
- Workforce Development
Our Upcoming Events
Adoptable Cat Information
Adopt a Cat
To adopt a cat from Oakland Animal Services, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older with a valid California driver’s license or other acceptable identification.
- Visit with the cat you plan to adopt. Adopters should bring all the human members of their household to meet their new companion. Please do not bring any of your other pets.
- Successfully complete the Adoption Cat Questionnaire.
- Never have had any cruelty convictions, animal control violations or broken any adoption contracts in the past.
- Pay the adoption fees the same day as the adoption. We do not place any holds on any animals. The fee for adoption is approximately $35, which includes spay/neuter, vaccinations, microchip and adoption fee.
- Agree to and sign the “Statement of Adopter.”
To learn more, please visit these other pages: