The Information Technology Department is committed to providing the timely delivery of strategic, responsive, cost-effective technology solutions and quality services to meet the goals defined by the Mayor, City Council and Oakland’s citizens.
The Information Technology Department (ITD) is the central information technology organization for the City of Oakland. We partner with our internal and external customers to provide reliable and secure information and communication solutions that make technology work for the city.
We are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of excellence in our technical skills by providing total quality workmanship and expertise. ITD operates and maintains a wide variety of technology policies, tools and systems that support every department in City government. In these efforts we follow these four principles
- Leverage Innovative Technology
- We will provide the best technology available to our City agencies so that they can achieve their goals and serve the residents and businesses of Oakland.
- Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- We will enable our customers to meet their business objectives by providing exceptional and timely customer service
- Promote Employee Success
- We will provide an environment that promotes professional growth, foster individual fulfillment and will always treat customers and staff with respect and dignity.
- Continual Improvement Process
- We look forward to continuous improvement, while leveraging technology, to promote the City’s ability to deliver our community the best services, support and public service.
We invite you to explore our site and provide feedback about projects and services that we can deliver to enhance your experience with the City of Oakland.