- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers and Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Joaquin Miller Community Center & Woodminster Cascades
3594 Sanborn Drive
Joaquin Miller Community Center is nestled among the majestic redwood trees inside Joaquin Miller Park. The 8,500 square-foot, rustic wood framed, onestory community center, with exquisitely designed stained glass windows and doors, is one of Oakland Parks and Recreation’s premier facilities. The Cascades tumbling from the Amphitheater, through redwoods, finishing in a reflection pond provide a beautiful and unique ceremony venue or backdrop for photos. Amenities include a modern commercial grade kitchen, assembly rooms, conference rooms, an outdoor deck and an attractive alcove containing original artwork and a working fireplace. Onsite parking is available. Reservations are booked on a first come first serve basis.
To view the facility, contact a Representative directly to make an appointment.
- Coat room
- Modern Industrial Kitchen with Commerical Coffeemaker
- Panoramic View of the Bay Area
- Stained Glass and Original Artwork
Rental Areas & Room Capacities
|Single Assembly Room||80||90||100|
|Assembly Rooms Combined w/ Small Dance Floor||130||175||272|
|Assembly Rooms Combined w/o Dance Floor||160||175||272|
|Single Conference Room||16||40|
Rental Rates (Joaquin Miller Community Center / Joaquin Miller Park)
- Rental Application (English)
- Rental Application (Chinese)
- Rental Application (Spanish)
- Rental Procedure (Chinese)
- Rental Procedure (Spanish)
- Oakland Police Department Permit
- Credit Card Authorization Form
- Formal/Semi-Formal Chaperone Agreement
Below are the downloadable floor plans and sample setups for users to save and print. Allowing the user to preview the entire facility and aid in planning an event.
- Layout - provides a general overview of the facility.
- Detailed Layout - provides a general overview with measurements.
- Sample Setup - provides sample layouts of the room/facility.
- Setup Sheet - is a printable form for users to print out, fill in, and return to Parks and Recreation when they want to rent a facility.
Catering & Rental Information
You may hire a caterer from the Non-Exclusive Approved Catering List or choose the non-catered option. If you choose the non-catered option, you must comply with the Caterers Opt-Out Regulations and Expectations and pay the additional Caterers Opt-Out fee.
Print out of Caterer List: Click Here
- Blue Heron
- Culinary Excellence
- LaBonne Cuisine
- Market Hall Caterers
- Checkers Catering & Special Events
- Venga Paella Catering
- Emerald Catering
- Trumpet Vine Events
- Red Door Catering
Please contact any of these caterers as you prepare for your exciting event.
Please contact Central Reservations for more information and to reserve Parks and Recreations rental facilities.