- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Frederick L. Morris III, Sports Coordinator
250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 3330
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone (510) 238-3496, Fax (510) 986-2823
Field Rental Information
The City of Oakland has 52 multi-use fields ranging from football to soccer. Fields are available for rent to accommodate various types of sports and activities from leagues to private parties and even group tournaments.
- Field reservation applications must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the reservation date.
- Applications are reviewed by the Field Reservation Director and require approval before a permit is issued.
- A Certificate of Insurance is required for all field reservations.
- Field reservations are available for:
Spring (March ~ May)
Summer (June ~ August)
Fall (September ~ mid-November)
All fields are closed mid-November ~ February
- Office of Parks and Recreation programs have scheduling priority over all other field and tennis court uses.
- Payment in full is due at time the reservation is approved and least 14 days in advance of the event.
- Thirty (30) days or more in advance: payments may be made by check, money order, American Express, Debit Cards, Mastercard or Visa. Less than 30 days in advance: payment may only be made by American Express, Debit Cards, Mastercard or Visa only. *Debit Cards can only be accepted if they have the Visa or MasterCard symbols on the card.
10 or more business days - Forfeit 50% of rental fee
Less than 10 business days - Forfeit 100% of rental fee
Fields: Certificate of Insurance is required for all events.
OPR Sports programs have priority over other users.
Special Events Permit: For groups of 49 people or more, permits cannot be issued for a facility, parks or for picnic use without verification of a Special Events Permit issued by the Oakland Police Department. Police have the authority to ask your group to disband if you can't produce a permit. Police Permit Info: (510) 777-8525.
Field Rental Application:
- Download Field Locations Listings
- Download the Field Reservations Rules Packet
- Download the Sports Field Reservation Application