- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers and Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Ira Jinkins Recreation Center
9175 Edes Avenue
Oakland, CA 94603
Phone (510) 615-5959
Fax (510) 615-5961
Monday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 11:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday - Closed to the public - Open to private events and program participants only
Ira Jinkins is the premier sports oriented, and reservation facility serving East Oakland; including events such a weddings, baptisms, quinceañeras, birthday parties etc. Facility amenities include, two meeting rooms, a collegiate level gymnasium, home and visiting locker-rooms with showers, and a performance stage. Other facility features include a commercial kitchen and large lobby play area featuring various gaming amenities (including pool and ping/pong tables). Also, outdoor areas offer a large softball/baseball field, grassy field areas, play structure, lighted tennis courts, picnic area(s) with grills, and a large parking lot to accommodate for event patrons.
After-school care; elementary drop-in; Teen/Young Adult drop-in (basketball); Adults Basketball (Oakland Independent Baskeball League); Chicago Steppin'; seasonal camps (during Winter, Spring and Summer breaks); excursions; tennis; Parent Child Playgroup for ages 2-5 years; karate (ages 6 to adult); swimming in conjunction with our neighboring facility, the East Oakland Sports Center; School Day Play (PE physical activity for youth from neighboring Brookfield Elementary School) and seasonal sports leagues for youth, including flag-football, basketball, track, soccer; C.I.T(Counselor in Training, 13-16 yrs); Tumbling/ Tot Play (3-5 yrs); Pee Wee Basketball (3-5 yrs) ; IJ Tot Soccer Clinics (3-5 yrs); Ace Kids Golf @ Ira Jinkins Center(8- 18yrs), etc.
For more information regarding facility reservations, or our programs and activities, contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff @, (510) 615-5959.
Year Around: Mondays and Wednesdays, 4pm-5pm
Serving youth and adults 6 years and up
- Our experienced instructor has been teaching the Shudokan style of Karate for over 20 yrs.
- We work with youth and adults of any capability level. No previous experience necessary.
- Very affordable price
Tot Programs @ Ira Jinkins
Serving Youth 3-6 (or up to 8 yrs old in some cases)
- Sports Clinics (Soccer & basketall). Sign up now! Baskeball Clinic begins 3/14 and runs through 4/18 (No program 3/28). This program take place Saturdays, 10:30am-11:15am. Cost: $35 or $9/clinic session
- Tot Playgroup (With Parent Participation) serving ages 2-5 yrs. Playgroup sessions are Wednesdays and Fridays , 9:30am-12:30pm. This activity is FREE!
- Tumbling/ Tot Play (Saturday Morning, schedule TBD), serving ages 3-5 yrs.
Additional Summer Program Offerings
- IJ Half Day Summer Day Camp. The Half Day version of our Summer Day Camp program includes all the fun of our full day program, but from 12p-6p. This program is a 4 day program, with the option of attending the field trip day at additional cost.
- Join us for our C.I.T. (Counselor In Training) Program. Space is limited so sign up today! Program hours are 10am-6pm; program cost is $30/week plus field trip cost (see flyer above).
- Our adult Independent Basketball League (OIL) begins 7/7, and will continue through 8/11. Game play takes place Tuesday evenings, 8pm-10pm. Cost per player is $25. Opening night will take place 6/30, 8-9:30pm for those interested in joining the league.
- Please call us today if you're interested at (510)-615-5959