- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Ira Jinkins Recreation Center
9175 Edes Avenue
Oakland, CA 94603
Phone (510) 615-5959
Fax (510) 615-5961
Monday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 11:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday - Closed to the public - Open to private events and program participants only
Ira Jinkins is the premier sports oriented, and reservation facility serving East Oakland; including events such a weddings, baptisms, quinceañeras, birthday parties etc. Facility amenities include, two meeting rooms, a collegiate level gymnasium, home and visiting locker-rooms with showers, and a performance stage. Other facility features include a commercial kitchen and large lobby play area featuring various gaming amenities (including pool and ping/pong tables). Also, outdoor areas offer a large softball/baseball field, grassy field areas, play structure, lighted tennis courts, picnic area(s) with grills, and a large parking lot to accommodate for event patrons.
After-school care; elementary drop-in; Teen/Young Adult drop-in (basketball); Adults Basketball (Oakland Independent Baskeball League); Chicago Steppin'; seasonal camps (during Winter, Spring and Summer breaks); excursions; tennis; Parent Child Playgroup for ages 2-5 years; karate (ages 6 to adult); swimming in conjunction with our neighboring facility, the East Oakland Sports Center; School Day Play (PE physical activity for youth from neighboring Brookfield Elementary School) and seasonal sports leagues for youth, including flag-football, basketball, track, soccer; C.I.T(Counselor in Training, 13-16 yrs); Tumbling/ Tot Play (3-5 yrs); Pee Wee Basketball (3-5 yrs) ; IJ Tot Soccer Clinics (3-5 yrs); Ace Kids Golf @ Ira Jinkins Center(8- 18yrs), etc.
For more information regarding facility reservations, or our programs and activities, contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff @, (510) 615-5959.
Spring Break & Counselor In Training (C.I.T.) Camps
Week 1: April 6th-10th
A day camp full of fun activities for youth, ages 5 to 12 years old. Activities include games, sports, arts n' crafts, movement, swimming in indoor pool, etc. We will also take in a movie. Breakfast and snack will be provided; Lunch is not included. Fee: $105/week or $20/day plus excursion costs ($10); scholarships available for qualifying families. Camp runs the week of April 6th-10th. Camp Hours: 7:30am to 6:00pm.
Counselor In Training camp also available for teens 13-16 years old. The Spring session of this program will run the same week (4/6-4/10). Hours: 10am-5pm. Program cost is $30/participant. Participants participate in the activities listed above, while learning employable skills as they assist program staff to facilitate youth participants in our Day Camp program.
Year Around: Mondays and Wednesdays, 4pm-5pm
Serving youth and adults 6 years and up
- Our experienced instructor has been teaching the Shudokan style of Karate for over 20 yrs.
- We work with youth and adults of any capability level. No previous experience necessary.
- Very affordable price
Tot Programs @ Ira Jinkins
Serving Youth 3-6 (or up to 8 yrs old in some cases)
- Sports Clinics (Soccer & basketall). Sign up now! Baskeball Clinic begins 3/14 and runs through 4/18 (No program 3/28). This program take place Saturdays, 10:30am-11:15am. Cost: $35 or $9/clinic session
- Tot Playgroup (With Parent Participation) serving ages 2-5 yrs. Playgroup sessions are Wednesdays and Fridays , 9:30am-12:30pm. This activity is FREE!
- Tumbling/ Tot Play (Saturday Morning, schedule TBD), serving ages 3-5 yrs.
Women's Self Defense
Coming in 2015
- This activity for women 18 yrs and up.
- Classes are be held on Sat. morning and /or Weekday evenings. Schedule to be determined.
- Women 18 yrs and up will learn defense techniques from our experienced instructor and 5th deagree black belt, Greg Johnson.
- Please call us today if you're interested @(510)-615- 5959