- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Ira Jinkins Recreation Center
9175 Edes Avenue
Oakland, CA 94603
Phone (510) 615-5959
Fax (510) 615-5961
Monday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 11:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Thursday 11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 11:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Saturday - Closed to the public - Open to private events and program participants only
Ira Jinkins is the premier sports oriented, and reservation facility serving East Oakland; including events such a weddings, baptisms, quinceañeras, birthday parties etc. Facility amenities include, two meeting rooms, a collegiate level gymnasium, home and visiting locker-rooms with showers, and a performance stage. Other facility features include a commercial kitchen and large lobby play area featuring various gaming amenities (including pool and ping/pong tables). Also, outdoor areas offer a large softball/baseball field, grassy field areas, play structure, lighted tennis courts, picnic area(s) with grills, and a large parking lot to accommodate for event patrons.
After-school care; elementary drop-in; Teen/Young Adult drop-in (basketball); Adults Basketball (Oakland Independent Baskeball League); Chicago Steppin'; seasonal camps (during Winter, Spring and Summer breaks); excursions; tennis;Parent Child Playgroup for ages 2-5 years; karate (ages 6 to adult); swimming in conjunction with our neighboring facility, the East Oakland Sports Center; and seasonal sports leagues for youth, including flag-football, basketball, track, soccer; C.I.T(Counselor in Training, 13-16 yrs); Tumbling/ Tot Play (3-5 yrs); Pee Wee Basketball (3-5 yrs) ; IJ Tot Soccer Clinics (3-5 yrs); Ace Kids Golf @ IRA Jinkins Center(8- 18yrs), etc.
For more information regarding facility reservations, or our programs and activities, contact our friendly and knowledgeable staff @, (510) 615-5959.
Winter Break Camp
Week 1: December 22nd, 23rd, 26th
Week 2: 29th & 30th 2014 & January 2nd, 2015
A day camp full of fun activities for youth, ages 5 to 12 years old. Activities include games, sports, arts n' crafts, movement, swimming in indoor pool, etc. We will also take in a movie. Breakfast and snack will be provided; Lunch is not included. Fee: $60/week or $20/day plus excursion costs ($10). Camp runs December 22nd, 23rd, 26th, 29th & 30th 2014, & January 2nd, 2015. Camp Hours: 7:30am to 6:00pm.
Counselor In Training camp available for teens 13-16 years old.
Oakland Independent Basketball League
Adults 18 and up sign up now! League Runs, 1/3/15-2/29/15
- Come out on or before 1/3/15 to sign up.
- It is preferable that groups sign up as a team. Nevertheless, if you would like to placed on a team please come out on 1/3/15
- Cost per player is $20
- League runs for 8 week including regular season and playoffs
- Game are scheduled between 9:30am-1:30pm (Games beginning at (9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am etc.)
- League will have 6-8 team
For more information and to register, please call 510-615-5959.
Tot Programs @ Ira Jinkins
Coming in the New Year
Serving Youth 3-6 yrs old
- Sports Clinics (Soccer & basketall)
- Tot Playgroup (With Parent Participation) serving ages 2-5 yrs. Playgroup sessions are Wednesdays and Fridays , 9:30am-12:30pm. This activity is FREE!
- Tumbling/ Tot Play (Saturday Morning, schedule TBD)
Women's Self Defense
Coming in 2015
- This activity for women 18 yrs and up.
- Classes are be held on Sat. morning and /or Weekday evenings. Schedule to be determined.
- Women 18 yrs and up will learn defense techniques from our experienced instructor and 5th deagree black belt, Greg Johnson.
- Please call us today if you're interested @(510)-615- 5959