- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers and Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Dimond Recreation Center
3860 HANLY ROAD
OAKLAND, CA 94602
phone: (510) 482-7831
fax: (510) 482-7862
Lions Pool (510) 482-7852
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9 am - 7 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm for classes + rentals
Sunday Rentals only
Limited weekend office staff
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 9 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm + rentals
Sunday Rentals only
Michelle Doppelt; Recreation Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Alonna Mellion; RL1 PPT email@example.com
As many have seen, the creek is open and with recent rains, it is flowing smoothly. This is a big change from before the work was started when the smallest rains caused an overflow of hte creek beds. More updates with pictures can be found on our "Friends of Dimond Park" Facebook Page. While the creek is now accessible, we do ask that everyone respect the space and be very cautious where you step as many of the small plants are still working to get established. We are trying hard to keep plastics and garbage out of the creek so please use the garbage and recycling cans throughout the park. Limit leashed dogs and children access without supervision in the creek for the next 2 years.
Field 1, the field in front of the pool, has been still fenced off to help establish a strong self-sustaining lawn. This will be for our tot program classes so we do want to make it nice and lush and level. We are hoping in the spring to offer a full array of tot and youth classes as we have had in the past: Soccer, Tball and Basketball. These clinic classes help us start the programs that will keep us competitive in the city-wide leagues.
Dimond Recreation Center boasts the Lions swimming pool, Sausal Creek hiking trails, BBQ and picnic areas, two youth playgrounds, a new toddler playground in process, the Dimond Native Demonstration Garden, Dimond Education Garden and a Demo Food Garden. Available to rent is a commercial kitchen, deck and social hall. We offer a Friendly, bilingual staff who are on hand to serve the Deaf and Spanish and Cantonese speaking communities. Diverse programming offers activities for toddlers, youth, adults, and seniors. Part-time Preschool and our Homebase after school homework and activity programs keep your children safe, smart, healthy and happy. We have a wide variety of events throughout the year that has an open invitation to you and your family and friends. We now allow leashed dogs to come to the park. Please always pick up after your dog and monitor their behavior at all times.
Adult & Senior Class Tai Chi & Qigong
Fee is $10.00 per class paid weekly or monthy by credit card. Available to pay online or in Dimond Rec Office.
Dimond HOME BASE & 1st BASE FUN CLUB After School Programs
Please sign up for a user account today and register online or download the Registration Form (æ´»å‹•ç™»è¨˜è¡¨
Registro de Actividades, Ñôn Ghi Danh Sinh Hoaït)
SAVE THE DATES!
Facility and Park Reservations
ALL BBQ AND PICNIC AREAS REQUIRE A PERMIT ISSUED BY THE DIMOND REC OFFICE ONLY.
We do NOT use a 1st come-1st served option to claim tables in the park.
BBQ, PICNIC & FACILITY RENTALS
• Rental permits for the facility, BBQ & Picnic areas are required and available from the Dimond Rec office for all of Dimond Park. We do not allow 1st-come-1st serve use of the park.
• Groups of 25 or more are required to obtain a Park Use Permit. Groups of 49 or more will also need to obtain an OPD Permit after completion of our Permit. Smaller groups should request permits and make sure space is available for their event. Permited parties get protected use of their rental space.
• We do not allow; Alcohol, Smoking, Portable BBQ's, Radios, boom boxes, DJ's, musical instruments, Jumpers, generators, gas-powered scooters in the park. Dogs must be on leash and owners must pick up poop.
REDWOOD GROVE BBQ AREA or SEQUOIA GROVE BBQ AREA
• Both sites have enough tables and seating for 100 people, 2 large BBQ grills, Water access and garbage receptacles.
• $100 for the 1st 4 hours. $15 each hour after that.
• $75 deposit -returned to the payee's credit card after a successful and properly run event. This means fully cleaning the area your group used & followed all the rules as signed in the permit contract)
• Holiday charge + 50% of base rental fee.
• Permit requests under 30 days before your event may be charged an admin fee of $75 to speed up the permit process.
DIMOND GROVE PICNIC AREA
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is available for Day of Use rentals at a fee of $25.00 per strip of tables.
• No heating/cooking allowed in this area.
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is also available for rental as overflow seating for larger group (over 100 ppl) events that rent either of the Dimond BBQ areas for $100.00 per event.
DIMOND REC CENTER FACILITY RENTALS
• Limited events may be held in our building when space/staffing are available.
• Social Hall can seat 75 people. Club room can seat 25.
• Social Hall fees: $75 per hour (2 hour minimum)
• $200 deposit
• $150 table and chair set-up/usage
• $50 kitchen use for the day (with room rental) There is a $15.00 non-refundable application fee ($30.00 for larger events)
Recreation Centers may be reserved 30 days to 11 months in advance of the requested reservation date. If a request is approved for an event within two weeks to 30 days, an administrative service fee will apply. NO reservation requests are accepted less than two weeks in advance. Application must be brought to the Rec Center office to determine if dates and times are available.
TOT PROGRAMS AND CLASSES
Check back in with us in October for Tot Class updates.
We recently graduated our wonderful teacher Ms Lea Felix to the 1st Grade. We wish her all the best and hope her new school loves her as much as we have for the last 13 years!
Our staff are working to create a new tot adventure class series that will give your young child a place to play and socialize and become an intelligent, confident and curious child.
Dimond Park and Recreation Center Advisory Council Projects
Our Dimond Park Advisory Council has been working hard to get Dimond's needs in the forefront of the city's planning. DPAC has managed to get the Access Committee (ADA mobility issues) known. Tennis court renovation needs are now being accessed as well.
The City has placed Dimond Park on the Park Prioritization List for the next budget cycle. This is a huge step to getting Dimond Park and its ancient pathways, buildings and fixtures updated and functional for hte future users.
If you want to be on any of the advisory sub-committees for any of these projects please contact Michelle Doppelt, Recreation Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or at Dimond Office 510-482-7831