- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Dimond Recreation Center
3860 HANLY ROAD
OAKLAND, CA 94602
phone: (510) 482-7831
fax: (510) 482-7862
Lions Pool (510) 482-7852
Michelle Doppelt; Recreation Supervisor
(Michelle will be out on leave March 4-May 4, 2014. PLease Contact Alonna Mellion below for assistance)
Alonna Mellion; RL1 PPT
Dimond Recreation Center boasts the Lions swimming pool, Sausal Creek hiking trails, BBQ and picnic areas, two youth playgrounds, a new toddler playground in process, the Dimond Native Demonstration Garden, Dimond Education Garden and a Demo Food Garden. Available to rent is a commercial kitchen, deck and social hall. We offer children’s birthday party packages and Event & Party planning. Friendly bilingual staff members are on hand to serve the Deaf and Spanish speaking communities. Diverse programming offers activities for toddlers, youth, adults, and seniors. Part-time Preschool and our Homebase after school homework and activity programs keep your children safe, smart, healthy and happy.
Adult & Senior Class
Dimond After School Program
Please sign up for a user account today and register online or download the Registration Form (æ´»å‹•ç™»è¨˜è¡¨
Registro de Actividades, Ñôn Ghi Danh Sinh Hoaït)
SAVE THE DATES!
Moer events in the planning stages! Keep your eyes open!
Facility and Park Reservations
BBQ, PICNIC & FACILITY RENTALS
• Rental permits for the facility, BBQ & Picnic areas are required and available from the Dimond Rec office for all of Dimond Park. We do not allow 1st-come-1st serve use of the park.
• Groups of 25 or more are required to obtain a Park Use Permit. Groups of 49 or more will also need to obtain an OPD Permit after completion of our Permit.
• We do not allow; Alcohol, Smoking, Portable BBQ's, Radios, boom boxes, DJ's, musical instruments, Jumpers, generators, gas-powered scooters in the park.
REDWOOD GROVE BBQ AREA or SEQUOIA GROVE BBQ AREA
• Both sites have enough tables and seating for 100 people, 2 large BBQ grills, Water access and garbage receptacles.
• $100 for the 1st 4 hours. $15 each hour after that.
• $75 deposit -returned to the payee's credit card after a successful and properly run event. This means fully cleaning the area your group used & followed all the rules as signed in the permit contract)
• Holiday charge + 50% of base rental fee.
• Permit requests under 30 days before your event may be charged an admin fee of $75 to speed up the permit process.
DIMOND GROVE PICNIC AREA
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is available for Day of Use rentals at a fee of $25.00 per strip of tables.
• No heating/cooking allowed in this area.
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is also available for rental as overflow seating for larger group events that rent either of the Dimond BBQ areas for $75.00 per event.
DIMOND REC CENTER FACILITY RENTALS
• Limited events may be held in our building when space/staffing are available.
• Social Hall can seat 75 people. Club room can seat 25.
• Social Hall fees: $60 per hour (2 hour minimum)
• $200 deposit
• $150 table and chair set-up/usage
• $50 kitchen use for the day (with room rental)
Recreation Centers may be reserved 30 days to 11 months in advance of the requested reservation date. If a request is approved for an event within two weeks to 30 days, an administrative service fee will apply. NO reservation requests are accepted less than two weeks in advance. Application must be brought to the Rec Center office to determine if dates and times are available.
Dimond Park and Recreation Center Advisory Council Projects
We are constantly working to improve the park, programs and events for the community. Presently we have several small to large projects in the works. Our Dimond Park Advisory Council helps aim the direction our park grows and changes and we invite you to be a voice in the process.
Dimond Park 5 and under Tot Lot Build
Though this project has had many bumps in the road, it continues forward with all the needed funding for the demolition of the present equipment and space, ground prep, purchase of the new structual products and installation. We await the final approval from the city on purchasing and hope to see the equipment in place in 2013! We are looking for a donor for a stylish safety fencing to surround the structure and hope a local fencing company might assist in this process.
Sausal Creek Daylight of the Creek west of Wellington
This project, funded by the state and grants has been split into a 2 year process to better protect the animals and manage the timeline better for yearly restrictions on movement of the enviroment. This process will require the return of the creek to its pre-1952 burying in a culvert and shift. The 1952 process had several un-desired results of under cutting and eroding of the creek along the Canon street homes that border our park. There are several trees that also planted themselves into places that are now a safety concern or are in the proposed path of the daylighted and renovate creek and will need to be removed. This portion will begin this winter. The destruction of the bathroom building will also be done in the
The new creek will include specified access points for us to do conservation and educational programs with locals schools, camps and families. We will partner with Friends of Sausal Creek, Conservation and other educational groups to offer programs. It will include a new bathroom building with less opportunity (and walls) for vandalism, more efficient and a new location (just south of the present one).
Dimond Community Garden Rental Plots
With much excitement we have pushed forward with plans to evaluate the benefits and interest of rental Garden Plots to be built between Fruitvale Avenue and The Dimond Tennis Courts. We propose to have 20-30 plots with several designed specifically for ADA access or senior raised-bed access. Several community beds with plants to promote beauty, bees and smiles! If you would be interested in being a plot renter, please let us know as public interest will help determine need.
Tennis Court Renovation Committee BEGINS!
Due to the horrible conditions of our tennis courts at Dimond we are starting to fund raise and envision what a new improved court would look like. If you would like to voice your opinion please come to the Dimond Park Advisory Council Meeting on Saturday January 11, 2014 at 11 am in the Dimond Rec Social. This meeting will be in conjunction with the efforts to build the Dimond Community Rental Gardens that will be attached to the tennis courts at the Fruitvale Street side.
If you want to be on any of the advisory sub-committees for any of these projects please contact Michelle Doppelt, Recreation Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or at Dimond Office 510-482-7831