- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Dimond Recreation Center
3860 HANLY ROAD
OAKLAND, CA 94602
phone: (510) 482-7831
fax: (510) 482-7862
Lions Pool (510) 482-7852
Hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 9 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm + rentals
Sunday Rentals only
Michelle Doppelt; Recreation Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org
Alonna Mellion; RL1 PPT email@example.com
Dimond Recreation Center boasts the Lions swimming pool, Sausal Creek hiking trails, BBQ and picnic areas, two youth playgrounds, a new toddler playground in process, the Dimond Native Demonstration Garden, Dimond Education Garden and a Demo Food Garden. Available to rent is a commercial kitchen, deck and social hall. We offer a Friendly, bilingual staff who are on hand to serve the Deaf and Spanish and Cantonese speaking communities. Diverse programming offers activities for toddlers, youth, adults, and seniors. Part-time Preschool and our Homebase after school homework and activity programs keep your children safe, smart, healthy and happy. We have a wide variety of events throughout the year that has an open invitation to you and your family and friends. We now allow leashed dogs to come to the park. Please always pick up after your dog and monitor their behavior at all times.
Adult & Senior Class Tai Chi
Fee is $10.00 per class paid weekly or monthy by credit card. Available to pay online or in Dimond Rec Office.
Dimond HOME BASE After School Program
Please sign up for a user account today and register online or download the Registration Form (æ´»å‹•ç™»è¨˜è¡¨
Registro de Actividades, Ñôn Ghi Danh Sinh Hoaït)
SAVE THE DATES!
Dimond Park Open House and Community Picnic; SUNDAY JULY, 19, 2015 from 11a-3:30
Dimond Park Open Opera in the Park; August 15, 2015 from 3-6pm
Oaktoberfest in the Dimond; Saturday October 3, 2015 from 11-6pm
Dimond Winterfest; Saturday December 6th 10-2pm
Facility and Park Reservations
BBQ, PICNIC & FACILITY RENTALS
• Rental permits for the facility, BBQ & Picnic areas are required and available from the Dimond Rec office for all of Dimond Park. We do not allow 1st-come-1st serve use of the park.
• Groups of 25 or more are required to obtain a Park Use Permit. Groups of 49 or more will also need to obtain an OPD Permit after completion of our Permit. Smaller groups should request permits and make sure space is available for their event. Permited parties get protected use of their rental space.
• We do not allow; Alcohol, Smoking, Portable BBQ's, Radios, boom boxes, DJ's, musical instruments, Jumpers, generators, gas-powered scooters in the park. Dogs must be on leash and owners must pick up poop.
REDWOOD GROVE BBQ AREA or SEQUOIA GROVE BBQ AREA
• Both sites have enough tables and seating for 100 people, 2 large BBQ grills, Water access and garbage receptacles.
• $100 for the 1st 4 hours. $15 each hour after that.
• $75 deposit -returned to the payee's credit card after a successful and properly run event. This means fully cleaning the area your group used & followed all the rules as signed in the permit contract)
• Holiday charge + 50% of base rental fee.
• Permit requests under 30 days before your event may be charged an admin fee of $75 to speed up the permit process.
DIMOND GROVE PICNIC AREA
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is available for Day of Use rentals at a fee of $25.00 per strip of tables.
• No heating/cooking allowed in this area.
• Dimond Grove Picnic Area is also available for rental as overflow seating for larger group (over 100 ppl) events that rent either of the Dimond BBQ areas for $100.00 per event.
DIMOND REC CENTER FACILITY RENTALS
• Limited events may be held in our building when space/staffing are available.
• Social Hall can seat 75 people. Club room can seat 25.
• Social Hall fees: $60 per hour (2 hour minimum)
• $200 deposit
• $150 table and chair set-up/usage
• $50 kitchen use for the day (with room rental) There is a $15.00 non-refundable application fee ($30.00 for larger events)
Recreation Centers may be reserved 30 days to 11 months in advance of the requested reservation date. If a request is approved for an event within two weeks to 30 days, an administrative service fee will apply. NO reservation requests are accepted less than two weeks in advance. Application must be brought to the Rec Center office to determine if dates and times are available.
TOT PROGRAMS AND CLASSES
Enrollment lists for Fall 2015 is now open. Contact the Dimond Rec office to reserve your child's space (limited) in this program!
Dimond BIG TOTS Preschool Class
Early Education class taught by Mrs. Lea Felix offers kids a part time school experience 3 days a week from 11am-1:30pm fro kids 44 months to Kindergarden. Children learn basic alphabet, numbers, colors and early word recognition. They learn to play and creat friendships while practicing hand eye coordination, following rules and cleaning up! 5 days a week are available in conjunction with Redwood Heights Big Tots class on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
On-going class runs the entire school year with 3 sessions
Preschool Enrichment Classes; These have been so popular that we are going to continue them into the Summer session! Check the website for enrollment opportunities.
TOT CHEF CLASS (MONDAYS)
Children who learn to cook at an early age will be more willing to taste new foods and eat healthy!
TUMBLING TOTS CLASS (WEDNESDAYS)
JUMP and TUMBLE and SPIN! Crawl through the obstacle course, Stand like a Tree! Stretch and bend and stay active in this fun movement class.
For kids 2.5-6 years old
Dimond Park and Recreation Center Advisory Council Projects
We are constantly working to improve the park, programs and events for the community. Presently we have several small to large projects in the works. Our Dimond Park Advisory Council helps aim the direction our park grows and changes and we invite you to be a voice in the process.
Dimond TOTLOT is OPEN!!!
Dimond Park totlot has finally apassed all safety inspections and is now open for all play! The neighbors heard early and have been out every day packing the new structure and the surrounding tables with lively tots and families with picnics with friends. Dogs welcome to watch as long as they come and stay on leash and off the play area!
Sausal Creek Daylight of the Creek west of Wellington
This project, funded by the state and grants has been split into a 2 year process to better protect the animals and manage the timeline better for yearly restrictions on movement of the enviroment. This process will require the return of the creek to its pre-1952 burying in a culvert and shift. The 1952 process had several un-desired results of under cutting and eroding of the creek along the Canon street homes that border our park. There are several trees that also planted themselves into places that are now a safety concern or are in the proposed path of the daylighted and renovate creek and will need to be removed. This portion will begin this winter. The destruction of the bathroom building will also be done in the
The new creek will include specified access points for us to do conservation and educational programs with locals schools, camps and families. We will partner with Friends of Sausal Creek, Conservation and other educational groups to offer programs. It will include a new bathroom building with less opportunity (and walls) for vandalism, more efficient and a new location (just south of the present one).
Tennis Court Renovation
Due to the horrible conditions of our tennis courts at Dimond we are starting to fund raise and envision what a new improved court would look like. We would appreciate any connections to funders you might know of.
If you want to be on any of the advisory sub-committees for any of these projects please contact Michelle Doppelt, Recreation Supervisor firstname.lastname@example.org or at Dimond Office 510-482-7831