- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers & Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Pool Rules and Regulations
To ensure your safety, please abide by these rules.
For the safety of all pool users, the following rules have been established. All patrons are expected to adhere to rules and regulations. If violations occur or behavior and/or conduct endanger other pool users, the patron will be asked to leave the facility. If you should have any questions regarding pool rules, contact Aquatics Unit at (510) 238-2196.
To view Pool Lap Swim Etiquette, click here.
- Adults must accompany children under 7 or smaller than 42 inches.
- No swimming is allowed unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Please walk at all times. No running!
- Swimmers please select appropriate lane speed for your ability.
- Activities that could be harmful to swimmers or others like horseplay, dunking, and/or fighting, will not be tolerated.
- All pool users must wear appropriate swimming attire. No cut offs, leotards, or t-shirts will be allowed in the pool (health code).
- Shower prior to entering the pool (health code).
- Be aware of pool depths at all times. Stay in appropriate water depth according to your ability. If you are responsible for another person-be aware of their ability and/or limitations.
- No glass containers or smoking is allowed in the facility at any time.
- No food or beverages are allowed without prior permission from management.
Pool rules vary according to facility and are not limited to those listed above.
Lifeguards will ensure the safety of patrons and provide direction as needed to prevent injuries or accidents. Please listen to and respect the lifeguards on duty at the pools, it is for your safety.
Pool Use Reminders
The Aquatics Unit does not take responsibility for lost or stolen articles. Please check all articles at the pool office. Refrain from bringing any valuables to the pool (money, jewelry...). If you should have any problems, please report them immediately to aquatics staff.