- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers and Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
Lap Swim Etiquette
To ensure your safety, please abide by these rules.
For the safety of all pool users, the following rules have been established. All patrons are expected to adhere to rules and regulations. If violations occur or behavior and/or conduct endanger other pool users, the patron will be asked to leave the facility. If you should have any questions regarding lap swim etiquette, contact Aquatics Unit at (510) 597-5014.
To view Pool Rules and Regulations, click here.
- Lap swimmers are expected to circular swim at all times.
- When resting on the wall - move to the outside corner to allow other swimmers to pass easily.
- When passing, please be aware of on-coming swimmers. Wait to pass if necessary, to avoid collisions. When ever possible, wait at corner of wall to allow faster swimmers to pass.
- Swimmers please select appropriate lane speed for your ability.
- Please modify your stroke to avoid collisions.
- Please be courteous and responsive if you are asked to move lanes by a lifeguard. Lifeguards have final say in lane placement if a problem arises.
- If you use kickboards or pull buoys, please put them away when exiting the pool.
Pool rules vary according to facility and are not limited to those listed above.
Lifeguards will ensure the safety of patrons and provide direction as needed to prevent injuries or accidents. Please listen to and respect the lifeguards on duty at the pools, it is for your safety.
Pool Use Reminders
The Aquatics Unit does not take responsibility for lost or stolen articles. Please check all articles at the pool office. Refrain from bringing any valuables to the pool (money, jewelry...). If you should have any problems, please report them immediately to aquatics staff.