- ADA Inclusion Center
- Adult Sports & Enrichment
- Community Gardening
- Cultural Arts Programs
- Discovery Centers
- Dog Play Areas
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Lake Merritt
- Oakland City Stables
- Recreation Centers and Facilities
- Rental Facilities
- Rotary Nature Center
- Sponsors & Partners
- Youth Sports
Our Upcoming Events
19th Street & Harrison Street
Snow Park rests quietly across the street from Lakeside Park with sweeping views of Lake Merritt, located on the corner of a bustling business district, residential area and within walking distance of Children's Fairyland. Majestic trees shade much of the 4.2 acres, one of the amenities of the park is a manicured mini-course and putting green which allows patrons to play golf.
Green Streets Projection
Construction to begin Nov. 14, 2016 - Spring 2019
• A portion of Snow Park will be closed to allow for construction staging. As the project goes on more and more of Snow Park will be closed off. The entire park will be closed during the final phase to allow for the Snow Park improvements to be installed.
• There will be vehicular and pedestrian detours throughout the project area during the entire construction period.
• There will be electronic roadway message signage at all roadway entrances to the construction area.
• There will also be construction and project information signage at all major pedestrian entrances to the project area.
• When required there will be barriers, guards, lights, signs, flag persons and watch persons in order to advise the public of detours and construction hazards.
The Lakeside Green Streets Project was conceived as part of the Lake Merritt Master Plan. The project planning and design process was funded by the Oakland Trust for Clean Water and Safe Parks (Measure DD).
• Implement Lake Merritt Master Plan concepts and details
• Increase open space adjacent to Lake Merritt
• Improve pedestrian access to the Lake
• Enlarge Snow Park
• Improve Pedestrian/Bicycle access around Lake Merritt
• Improve stormwater quality adjacent to Lake Merritt
Lakeside Green Street Project Description:
The Lakeside Green Street project is a low-impact, complete street, and water quality improvement project that will install high-quality bike and pedestrian facilities connecting the project area to major transit hubs, business districts, Lake Merritt, and Oakland's bikeway network, while adding new bio-infiltration and retention facilities by expanding park area and providing storm water treatment. The project will calm traffic through vehicular lane reduction, provide new Class I and Class II bike lanes along Harrison St. and Lakeside Drive between 19th St. and Grand Avenue and new and improved pedestrian pathways, sidewalks, and trails throughout the project area.