- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Annual Rent Increase
The annual CPI increase rate effective July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2012 is 2.0%. July 1, 2011 is the earliest date that rents can be increased at this rate. Tenants may only be given one increase in any 12-month period, and the rent increase cannot take effect earlier than the tenant's Anniversary Date. In addition, California law requires that tenants be provided with either 30 days (for increases 10% or less) or 60 days (for increases greater than 10%) written advance notice of a rent increase.
The allowable annual rent increase for the previous fiscal year (July 1, 2010-June 30, 2011) was 2.7%.
Click here for more information about the City's rent ordinances and regulations.