- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Weatherization and Energy Retrofit Loan Program
Purpose: Provides loans for weatherization services, including baseline energy efficiency upgrades
Status: Taking applications now.
Maximum Amount: $30,000
Minimum Amount: $6,500
Eligible Applicants: Oakland property owners living in the unit to be rehabilitated.
Location: Properties may be located anywhere within in the City of Oakland.
Eligible Properties: 1 to 4 unit residential properties.
Income: Applicant’s annual household income cannot exceed 80% of the area median income*. Income of all household members 18 years or older must be considered (includes house/roommates).
Occupancy: Applicant must occupy the property; All owners on record must apply.
Eligible Uses: Loan funds can only be used for a base energy efficiency package of improvements such as attic insulation, caulking, weather-stripping, water heater insulation, energy efficient light fixtures, furnace maintenance and energy saving appliances, as well as systems rehabilitation and replacement, included systems are the roof, furnace, windows, doors and water heater.
Other Requirements: None.
Interest Rate: Zero interest
- No periodic payments
- Loan will be paid upon the sale or transfer of title of property
Closing Costs: $350
Security: Deed of Trust