- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Lead-Safe Housing and Paint Program
Purpose: Free risk assessment for lead hazards, contracted painting services (exterior and limited interior painting) to qualified owner-occupied low and moderate income households.
Status: Taking applications now.
Benefits: Free lead hazard risk assessment and painting services.
Eligible Applicants: Oakland property owners living in the unit to be painted; must meet ONE of the following:
- The head of household must be at least 62 years of age OR
- The resident has a physical disability that prevents him/her from doing the painting OR
- A child under 6 resides or visits frequently OR
- An expectant mother resides at the property
Location: The property must be located within one of the seven Community Development Districts. See the district maps in the CDBG section of this website.
Eligible Properties: 1 to 4 unit residential properties.
Income: The household income shall not exceed 50% of the area median income. Families with children under age 6 may have incomes up to 80% of the area median income.
Occupancy: Applicant must occupy the property. All owners on record must apply.
Eligible Uses: Grant funds can only be used for exterior and interior painting or soil lead hazard abatement.