- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Emergency Home Repair Program
Purpose: Provides loans for major home repairs that require immediate attention. Citation issued by a Fire Marshall, Health Officer or Code Enforcement Officer.
Status: Taking applications now.
Maximum Amount: $15,000
Minimum Amount: $2,500
Eligible Applicants: Oakland property owners living in the unit to be rehabilitated.
Location: Properties may be located anywhere within in the City of Oakland.
Eligible Properties: 1 to 4 unit residential properties.
Income: Applicant's annual household income cannot exceed 50% of the area median income*. Income of all household members 18 years or older must be considered (includes house/roommates).
Occupancy: Applicant must occupy the property. All owners on record must apply.
Eligible Uses: Loan funds can only be used for emergencies such as roof, sewer, electrical or plumbing repairs, or other major mechanical system problems that have been or can be verified by a health and/or safety official.
Other Requirements: None.
Interest Rate: Zero interest
- No periodic payments
- Loan will be paid upon the sale or transfer of title of property
Prepayment Penalty: N/A
Closing Costs: $350
Security: Deed of Trust
How to Apply
Status: Available Now
Process: Complete and submit the application
Application: Call (510) 238-3909 to request an application.