- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Central City East Homeownership Rehabilitation Program (CCE HRP)
Purpose: The Central City East Homeownership Rehabilitation Program (CCE HRP) is a Redevelopment Agency program that provides loan funds for exterior work on homes owned and occupied by low to moderate income households in the Central City East Redevelopment Area. It is designed to enhance the exterior of individual homes as well as the neighborhoods where the homes are located.
Status: Taking applications now.
Maximum Amount: $75,000 or the cost of exterior work, whichever is less
Minimum Amount: N/A
Eligible Applicants: Oakland property owners living in the unit to be rehabilitated or repaired. Borrowers must be individuals, not partnerships, corporations or non-profit organizations. Borrowers must have title to the property at the time of application. Borrowers who are licensed contractors must agree to abide by the City of Oakland Living Wage Ordinance. Borrowers must demonstrate credit worthiness, financial capacity, and relevant past experience to undertake the rehabilitation project.
Location: Property must be located in the Central City East Redevelopment Area.
Eligible Properties: Single family homes and 1-to-4 unit residential properties.
- Annual Household Income cannot exceed 100% of the established HUD area median income limits, adjusted for household size.
- Income of all owners on record and all household members who are 18 years or older is considered to determine eligibility.
- Applicant must have sufficient income to support existing housing and living expenses, and other obligations.
- Single family residence must be owner- occupied by a low-moderate income household.
- Two-unit structures must have one unit owner-occupied by a low-moderate income household.
- Three-to-Four unit structures must have at least 51% of the units occupied by low-moderate income households, including owner’s unit
- All vested recorded owners of the property must complete the application even if they do not occupy the property
Eligible Uses: In general, loan funds are to be used to cover the repair costs and related development costs associated with repairs to the exterior of the property.
Other Requirements: N/A
Loan Terms: Depend on Household Income and Size (see income limits chart for details)
- Up to 50% AMI: 0%
- 51% to 80% AMI: 3.0%
- 81% to 100% AMI: 6.0%
- Deferred, no periodic payments.
- Loan is due upon sale or transfer of the property, upon refinance, or when the property is no longer owner-occupied.
Prepayment Penalty: None
Closing Costs: $500
Security: Deed of Trust
How to Apply
Status: Available Now
Process: Complete and submit the application.
Application: Call (510) 238-3909 to request an application