- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Predatory Lending is the practice of charging excessive fees, high interest rates and other abusive techniques that mortgage lenders use to take advantage of borrowers, especially low income borrowers.
To protect yourself and your money:
- Recognize that you have the right to rescind within 3 days of signing.
- Understand the difference between subprime and predatory lending.
- If you believe you have been the victim of predatory lending, please contact the Housing Assistance Center at (510) 238-6182 for a referral to Housing and Economics Rights Advocates (HERA). The City of Oakland contracts with HERA to provide legal counseling and advocacy for Oakland residents with debt and credit issues.
- Contact Consumer Credit Counseling Services (CCCS) of the East Bay for counseling in default and delinquency, low and moderate-income ownership and other housing issues.