- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Finding Affordable Housing
The City of Oakland does NOT provide real estate or rental locator services. We suggest the following methods to find affordable housing in Oakland:
- Rental assistance and referrals to affordable housing - Contact Eden I&R (dial 2-1-1) for their affordable housing resources, including referral to affordable and subsidized housing and referrals for short-term rental assistance payments.
- Public housing and Section 8 housing vouchers are managed by the Oakland Housing Authority.
- Rental projects already constructed - see our directory of assisted housing to find all affordable housing projects in Oakland. Contact the managers of these units to determine if units are available and if you are eligible. Many projects have waiting lists.
- Contact commercial and non-profit rental and real estate agencies. A list of some of these agencies is provided on this site under rental/real estate listings.
- Contact affordable housing developers:
Homes/ownership units already constructed - contact the non-profit developers to inquire about the status of homes they may have built and sold.
Projects Underway - View the list of Projects Underway and contact the developers to determine when ownership and rental units will be completed and when applications will be accepted.