- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Community Development Block Grant Program
Responsible for the management and implementation of the City of Oakland Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) program, this unit utilizes CDBG funds to rebuild and revitalize depressed areas and sustain neighborhoods with full access to life enhancing "services. The program provides funding for housing, economic development and a variety of neighborhood improvement/public service projects for low- and moderate-income residents in the seven Community Development areas.
Distribution of CDBG funds undergoes an extensive citizen participation process resulting approximately 50 contracts with non-profit organizations and with several city departments for the provision of services. The CDBG staff provides technical assistance to the seven Community Development District Boards and monitors the contacts and programs funded with CDBG funds.
To learn more about CDBG programs, visit our Community Development Programs Page.