- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
Housing & Community Development Overview
The Housing & Community Development division of CEDA is responsible for managing HUD grant programs, developing housing policy and information, and administering the Rent Arbitration Ordinance.
If you need information about Section 8 or Public Housing, those programs are managed by the Oakland Housing Authority.
Affordable Housing for All
We believe all Oakland residents should have decent and affordable housing in healthy, sustainable neighborhoods with full access to life-enhancing services. We work on several levels to create and preserve affordable housing by:
- Supporting organizations that develop and preserve affordable rental and owner-occupied housing
- Providing direct assistance to first-time homebuyers and existing homeowners
- Administering the City’s programs to stabilize rents and ensure compliance with the Just Cause for Eviction Ordinance
- Supporting organizations that provide economic development, public facilities, infrastructure, and social services for low and moderate income communities.
It is the policy of the City of Oakland not to discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity,
religion, family status, sexual orientation, or disability in employment
or any of its programs, activities, or services.
City of Oakland is an equal opportunity housing provider