- Community Development (CDBG)
- Development of Affordable Housing
- Finding Affordable Housing
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Homebuyer Assistance
- Housing Assistance Center
- Housing Policy, Planning and Research
- Housing Repair & Rehab Programs
- Housing Services & Counseling
- Landlord Resources
- Loans & Grants for Housing
- Renter Resources
- Useful Links/Other Resources
Our Upcoming Events
2013 Preservation and Rehabilitation Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
The City of Oakland Department of Housing and Community Development is pleased to announce that it is accepting loan applications to preserve and rehabilitate existing affordable rental housing developments.
Applications must be received at HCD’s office located at 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 7, 2013. The City and Agency reserve the right to suspend, amend, or modify the provisions of the NOFA.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the NOFA pre-application meeting on Wednesday, September 18th at 3:00 p.m., in City Hall, Hearing Room 3. Changes to the NOFAs will be presented, planning staff will explain CEQA and NEPA requirements, the Oakland Housing Authority will be available to answer questions about Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Assistance, the City’s required employment and contracting programs will be presented, and applicants will have an opportunity to ask questions about both NOFAs.
The City of Oakland is an Equal Housing Opportunity and Accessible Housing provider.
Should you have any questions or need additional information regarding this NOFA or the City’s housing development program requirements, please contact Diana Downton, Housing Development Coordinator, at (510) 238-6923.
Download NOFA Documents
All files are in PDF format. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program to view these. Click here to download the free reader
Electronic Forms for Application
- Right-click the link for the item you want
- Select the 'Save Target As...' in Internet Explorer or select 'Save Link As...' in Netscape Navigator
- Select 'Save' (make sure you note where you have saved it)
- You can now open and edit the file with the appropriate program (MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
Rental Projects Workbook includes:
Exhibit 16: Operating Budget
Exhibit 20: Financial Summary Worksheet
Exhibit 22: Unit Size and Affordability Worksheet
Unit Size and Affordability Worksheet Example
It is the policy of the City of Oakland not to discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, family status, sexual orientation, or disability in employment or any of its programs, activities, or services.
The City of Oakland is an equal opportunity housing provider