Our Upcoming Events
Caring for Oakland's Infrastructure
We take care of the essential City facilities you use every day. When you turn on your kitchen faucet, use the bathroom, drive safely down the street—all that and more is the responsibility of the Bureau of Infrastructure & Operations in the Oakland Public Works Department.
The Bureau maintains infrastructure located underground, such as sanitary sewers and storm water drainage. We're also responsible for infrastructure located above ground, such as streets, traffic signals and streetlights.
A Few of Our Specific Services
- Filling potholes
- Repairing curbs and gutters
- Maintaining the Utility Undergrounding Program
- Installing electrical services for new traffic signals
- Improving street lighting
- Purchasing and maintaining street sweepers, fire engines, police vehicles, motorcycles, street flushers, backhoes and loaders
The Bureau of Infrastructure and Operations consists of three Divisions:
- Electrical Services & Traffic Maintenance & Parking Meter Repair
- Equipment Services
- Infrastructure Maintenance
Report a Problem
Public Works Data
Find out what we’re working on in your community. Use this tool to search and locate information about service requests in your neighborhood.