Our Upcoming Events
Team Oakland is a City-sponsored summer employment program for Oakland youth between the ages of 15 and 24. Developed in 1993, Team Oakland is administered by Oakland Public Works through an agreement with local employment organizations.
Team Oakland participants gain practical job training experience through meaningful city beautification and cleanup projects. The program seeks to provide a formative experience for its youth through participation in City cleanups, park maintenance, habitat restoration, community outreach, and trainings on work and life skills and environmental topics.
Apply by June 1, 2016. Positions are limited so don’t wait!
Team Oakland 2015
• Collected 3,069 bags of trash and green waste from the streets of Oakland. .
• Participated in tree planting, tree maintenance, maintenance of parks and libraries, invasive species removal and native plant nursery care.
• Conducted waste disposal outreach to businesses throughout Oakland.
• Participated in over 100 hours of training in environmental education and job skills.
• City of Oakland Parks and Recreation
• Friends of Sausal Creek
• Farmer Joe’s Market
• Eastlake YMCA
• City of Oakland Fire Stations #3, and #20
• Rainbow Recreation Center
• Seminary Market
• Sierra Club Tree Team
• St. Vincent de Paul
Check out photos of the teams at work below!
For more information about the Team Oakland program, please contact Mike Perlmutter of the City of Oakland Public Works Department, Environmental Services Division, at (510) 238-7294 or firstname.lastname@example.org.