Our Upcoming Events
Parks, Trees & City Landscapes
We are responsible for parks, medians, waterfront trails, open space properties and routine building maintenance of park buildings, fire stations, Head Start centers and senior centers and a wide variety of other building structures including parking lots. Park maintenance includes litter pickup and removal, pruning, weeding, turf mowing, irrigation system repairs and planting.
Oakland Parks & Recreation Department also operates many other special programs, classes and activities.
Park Maintenance Schedules
Oakland property owners pay annually, through their property taxes, into Oakland’s Landscaping & Lighting Assessment District (LLAD).
LLAD funds maintain:
- Over 130 City parks and public grounds
- More than 2,300 acres of street, park and plaza landscaping, including scenic Joaquin Miller Park, Lake Merritt, Mandela Parkway and Cesar Chavez Park
- Approximately 75,000 street trees
- 25 recreation, community and interpretive centers
- More than 36,000 street lights and more than 670 traffic signals
The City of Oakland is making its citizens aware of how their LLAD funds are being used by providing the following Park Maintenance schedules:
Please be advised that these schedules are subject to change.
Tree Services is dedicated to keeping the neighborhoods of Oakland safe from hazardous trees, while working with Oaklanders to preserve these natural beauties.
A City of Oakland Tree Fact Sheet and Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.