Our Upcoming Events
Translate this page
Oakland Earth Day Saturday, April 18, 2015
Register Your Site!
Lead an Earth Day project! As a site coordinator, you will have access to:
• Logistical support
• Debris pickup and/or debris bin service
• Tool loans (link to online form) please submit by Friday March 13.
Please click here to register. Paper versions of forms are available by request to email@example.com, or call (510) 238-7611.
Please register by Friday, March 13 to ensure adequate planning and promotion time, as well as availability of requested tools and City services.
Sign up for Volunteer Information
Pre-registration for individuals and small groups is not required.
If you have a group of 10 or more, please contact the Coordinator of the site you are interested in (found on the list of registered sites - check back for updates) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in finding a site for your group.
- Promotional documents - Poster, Flyer, Postcard, Logo, Press Release (coming soon!)
- Translated flyers - español, Chinese
- Volunteer Guideline (English), (español), (Chinese) - safety, conduct and general procedures all volunteers must abide by
- Volunteer waiver and sign-in form (English), (español), (Chinese) - ensure all volunteers sign prior to starting. Please submit completed forms to email@example.com, or by mail (250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, ESD, STE 5301, Oakland, CA 94612) or fax (510-238-7286).
- Site coordinator guide - practical tips for running your volunteer event
- Site summary/results form - Paper form available, but online submission is preferred. Please submit results immediately after your event so we can report results and troubleshoot issues in the field.
- City of Oakland contacts- quick reference for whom to call for police assistance, other emergencies, debris disposal, and more!
- Injury reporting form (English), (español), (Chinese) - please use this to report accidents, injuries, and near-misses
Please note that new sites are still being added. Please check back for updates.
Click this link to see a table with information about each site.
Click on the map icons for information about each site. (Note you may click the link in the top right of the map to enlarge it - the link is to the left of the person icon).
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Celebrate Earth Day every day!
Visit www.oaklandadoptaspot.org or call 510-238-7630 for more volunteer information.
American Disabilities Act Information
The City of Oakland Public Works Department offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. We encourage individuals with disabilities to volunteer. Some volunteer opportunities may be located in areas without a designed path of travel and may require significant physical labor. To discuss available volunteer opportunities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 238-7630.