Our Upcoming Events
Translate this page
Oakland Earth Day Saturday, April 23, 2016
Earth Day marks the anniversary of what many consider the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970. According to Earth Day Network, “more than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world.” Thousands of volunteers will join this global effort for the 22nd Annual Oakland Earth Day, Saturday April 23, 2016. Oakland Earth Day is the city’s largest community volunteer event and is sponsored by Oakland Public Works, with support from the Alameda County Flood Control and Water Conservation District.
Earth Day Photos
Register Your Site!
• Logistical support
• Debris pickup and/or debris bin service
• Tool loans
Sign up for Volunteer Information
- Promotional documents (coming soon)
- Volunteer Guideline (English), (español), (中文) - safety, conduct and general procedures all volunteers must abide by
- Volunteer waiver and sign-in form (English), (español), (中文) - ensure all volunteers sign prior to starting. Please submit completed forms to email@example.com, or by mail (250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, ESD, STE 5301, Oakland, CA 94612) or fax (510-238-7286).
- Site coordinator guide - practical tips for running your volunteer event
- Photo Guide - tips for taking photos on Creek to Bay Day
- Site summary/results form - Paper form available, but online submission is preferred. Please submit results immediately after your event so we can report results and troubleshoot issues in the field.
- Donation Request Template - Template letter for requesting donations for your Earth Day volunteers.
- Donation Thank You Template - Template thank you letter to send to businesses that donate for Earth Day.
- City of Oakland contacts- quick reference for whom to call for police assistance, other emergencies, debris disposal, and more!
- Injury reporting form (English), (español), (中文) - please use this to report accidents, injuries, and near-misses
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
Celebrate Earth Day every day!
Visit www.oaklandadoptaspot.org or call 510-238-7630 for more volunteer information.
American Disabilities Act Information
The City of Oakland Public Works offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. We encourage individuals with disabilities to volunteer their time and efforts. Some volunteer opportunities may be located in areas without a designed path of travel and may require significant physical labor. To discuss available volunteer opportunities, please contact the Creek to Bay Day Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 238-7611.