Our Upcoming Events
Translate this page
19th Annual Oakland Creek to Bay Day: September 20, 2014
Oakland Creek to Bay Day is part of California and International Coastal Cleanup Day, the largest volunteer day in California and the world- when thousands of volunteers beautify and clean trash from shorelines and waterways across California, the nation and in about 100 countries.
Register Your Site!
Lead a Creek to Bay Day project! As a Site Coordinator, you will have access to:
- Logistical Support
- Debris Pickup
- Tool Loans (link to online form). A paper version of this form is available by request to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (510) 238-7611.
We will still add new sites online, though registration for the printed site list closed August 18.
- Promotional documents - 2014 Poster, Flyer, Logo, Press Release
- Volunteer Guidelines - safety, conduct and general procedures all volunteers must abide by
- Volunteer waiver and sign-in form - ensure all volunteers sign prior to starting. Please submit completed forms to email@example.com, or by mail (250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, ESD, STE 5301, Oakland, CA 94612) or fax (510-238-7286).
- Volunteer waiver and sign-in form (Espanol)
- Site coordinator guide - practical tips for running your volunteer event
- Site summary/results form - Paper form available, but online submission is preferred. Please submit results immediately after your event so we can report results and troubleshoot issues in the field.
- City of Oakland contacts - quick reference for whom to call for police assistance, other emergencies, debris disposal, and more!
- Injury reporting form - please use this to report accidents, injuries, and near-misses
Sign up for Volunteer Information
Click here to receive general Creek to Bay Day notifications. Once sites are determined, we will send additional information. If you are interested in leading a Creek to Bay Day project, please register here.
Please note that new sites are still being added. Please check back for updates.
Click on the map icons for information about each site. (Note you may click the link in the bottom left of the map to enlarge it).
View Oakland Creek to Bay Day 2014 in a larger map
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
American Disabilities Act Information
The City of Oakland Public Works offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities. We encourage individuals with disabilities to volunteer their time and efforts. Some volunteer opportunities may be located in areas without a designed path of travel and may require significant physical labor. To discuss available volunteer opportunities, please contact the Creek to Bay Day Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 238-7611.