Our Upcoming Events
Oakland Adopt a Spot
Through the Oakland Adopt a Spot program, the City of Oakland Public Works Agency provides a unique opportunity for individuals, neighborhood groups, civic organizations and businesses to play an active and ongoing role in cleaning, greening and beautifying parks, creeks, streets and other public spaces.
- Regularly picking up litter
- Planting site-appropriate native plants and/or removing non-native plants
- Studying and reporting on water quality and habitat
- Removing graffiti
- Blocks (Curbs & Sidewalks)
- Median Strips
- Steps, Pathways & Trails
- Storm Drains
Materials for Current Adopters
Anyone volunteering at your Oakland Adopt a Spot site should read the Volunteer Guidelines and sign the Sign-In Sheet and Waiver, or, if a minor under 18 years old, the Minor Waiver. Downloadable versions of these documents are available below.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Some public spaces within Oakland are owned or managed by governmental entities other than the City of Oakland. Please visit the following websites for volunteer opportunities offered by these organizations.
- Alameda County Adopt-A-Creek/Adopt-A-Spot (County-owned land, flood control channels)
- Caltrans Adopt-A-Highway (highway overpasses, underpasses, on-ramps and off-ramps)
- East Bay Regional Parks District (trails, botanical gardens, regional parks and shorelines)
Check out our new Oakland Adopt a Spot Facebook Page.