Our Upcoming Events
Small Business Recycling Service
By recycling, you send the message to your customers and your staff that your business cares about our community.
Divert recyclables from your garbage container into lower-cost recycling service and you may be able to reduce your garbage service and monthly garbage bill. Plus, recycling conserves natural resources, saves energy and reduces greenhouse gases.
Put all your recyclables - newspapers, magazines, office paper, junk mail, cardboard, bottles, cans and jars - into one container for weekly curbside pickup.
Sign Me Up
Print out and fax the Enrollment Form to the Service Provider in your area:
What Can Be Recycled?
Paper & Cardboard
- Newspaper, catalogs, magazines, phone books
- Office papers - white or color, carbonless, file folders, brochures
- Junk mail, receipts, envelopes, business cards
- Small cardboard boxes and tubes
- Large cardboard boxes must be flattened, bundled and placed next to cart
Bottles, Cans & Jars
- Glass bottles and jars
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Narrow neck plastic bottles and jugs
Your business is eligible for this service if it is located in Oakland (former Oakland Army Base excluded) and if any of the following is true:
- Your business uses carts (not metal bins) for garbage service. Or
- Your business shares a metal bin for garbage service with another business. Or
- Your business generates an amount of recyclables no more than two 96-gallon carts per week, or one 96-gallon cart plus one cubic yard of bundled cardboard.
Not eligible? Contact the City of Oakland Public Works Agency Recycling Program at 238-SAVE (7283) to learn about other recycling options.
18-gallon tub $8.00 per month
64-gallon cart $7.50 per month
96-gallon cart $10.00 per month
Pre-paid 40-gallon bags are also available for those businesses that cannot accommodate a cart for $5.00 per bag.