Our Upcoming Events
Convenient and Free One-Time Pickup
Free Pickup For 1-4 Unit Residences 1st Two Weeks of January
1st Two Weeks of January:
- Place your clean, green holiday tree at the curb, next to your green yard trimmings cart on your regularly scheduled yard trimmings collection day.
- Remove all tinsel, ornaments, nails, and tree stands (metal or wood).
- Place trees curbside by 6am on collection day and no earlier than one day before.
- Trees must be no more than 5 feet tall. Cut taller trees in half.
After 1st Two Weeks of January:
- Recycle your clean, green holiday tree in your green yard trimmings cart at any time. Lid must close.
- Take clean, green holiday trees to the Davis Street Transfer Station (510-638-2303) for recycling at no charge, limit one (1) tree per household.
Free Drop-off or Fee-For-Service Appointment Pickup for 5-or-More Unit Residences
- Tenants may take clean, green holiday trees to the Davis Street Transfer Station (510-638-2303) for recycling at no charge, limit one (1) tree per household.
- Property owners/managers may call Waste Management of Alameda County (510-613-8700) to get a price quote for services and to schedule pick up.
REMEMBER: "Snow" flocked trees cannot be recycled, and must be put inside your garbage container.