Our Upcoming Events
Re-Create 2014 Art Contest and Travelling Exhibition
Students in Oakland schools are invited to participate in the 2014 Re-Create Art Contest, Oakland’s annual recycled art competition. Participants will use discarded or reused materials in a creative application of the 4Rs - reduce, reuse, recycle, and rot. All students in grades K-12 are eligible to participate in the contest. Art supply sets, and theatre and museum passes will be awarded to students who enter this year’s contest and exhibition.
A public reception to recognize participants and contest winners will be held on Friday February 28, 2014, from 6-8 pm at Pro Arts, 150 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Oakland, CA.
The Oakland Re-Create 2014 Art Contest and Travelling Exhibition is sponsored by the City of Oakland, Public Works Agency and produced by Pro Arts. For contest deadline and entry information, see ReCreate brochure.
Free Re-Create Workshops
Pro Arts will provide FREE hands-on workshops at several Oakland Public Library branches to assist the students in creating artwork from discarded materials:
- Friday, Jan 10, 2014, 3:00pm - Dimond Branch Library, 3565 Fruitvale Ave.
- Friday, Jan 17, 2014, 3:00pm - Main Library, Children’s Room, 125 14th St.
- Wednesday, Jan 22, 2014, 3:00pm - Golden Gate Branch Library, 5606 San Pablo Ave.
- Friday, Jan 24, 2014, 3:15pm - Asian Branch Library, 388 9th St., Ste 190
- Saturday, Jan 25, 2014, 1:00pm – 81st Avenue Branch Library, 1021- 81st Ave.
- Friday, Jan 31, 2014, 3:00pm - Lakeview Branch Library, 550 El Embarcadero
- Saturday, Feb 1, 2014, 2:00pm - Montclair Branch Library, 1687 Mountain Blvd.
- Thursday, Feb 6, 2014, 3:00pm - Melrose Branch Library, 4805 Foothill Blvd.
- Friday, Feb 7, 2014, 1:00pm - Brookfield Branch Library, 9255 Edes Ave.