Our Upcoming Events
Capitol Improvement Projects are:
- Street, sewer and storm drainage improvements
- Renovation of City-owned facilities including fire stations, libraries and park and recreation facilities
- New construction of City-owned facilities
- 12th Street Reconstruction & Park Improvement
- 7th Street West Oakland Transit Village
- Linden Park
- The City, Linden Park Community and the North Oakland Community Charter School are proposing to make improvements to Linden Park. The initial phase of the project will provide a new synthetic, multi-purpose playing field with surrounding pathways, see Phase 1 Site Plan. Proposed overall Phase 2 Park Improvement Plan will be implemented as funds become available. Please contact Project Delivery (510)238-7659 for more information.
More than 80% of Oakland voters passed Measure DD in 2002. Measure DD is a $198.25 million bond measure for better parks and cleaner water. Funded projects include parks, trails, bridges, a recreation center, historic building renovations, land acquisition and creek restoration.
Learn more about Measure DD projects
Measure B provides a one-half-cent sales tax to improve transportation in Alameda County.
In November 2000, Alameda County citizens voted to continue Measure B through March 2022. Measure B also established the Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority (ACTIA) to administer this sales tax. ACTIA started collecting the sales tax in April 2003. In 2010, ACTIA merged with the Alameda County CMA to become the Alameda County Transportation Commission. To receive Measure B funds, Oakland must comply with specific program and financial requirements.
Learn more about how Measure B helps Oakland