Our Upcoming Events
Telegraph Avenue Bikeway
Where: Telegraph Ave, 16th St to the Berkeley border. The project is being evaluated/implemented in phases, as described below.
Detailed information about the proposed Telegraph Ave Bikeway, 20th St to 57th St, is on the Telegraph Ave Complete Streets Implementation Plan page.
- 16th St to 20th St: bike lanes installed, June 2016 (funded by the Latham Square Project); wayfinding signage installed December 2016
- 20th St to 29th St: bike lanes installed, June 2016 (part of a multi-street paving contract), protected bikeway design, pictured right; wayfinding signage installed December 2016
- 29th St to 40th St: funded (see newsletter article); now in the design phase; implementation anticipated in 2018
- 40th St to 57th St: under evaluation/development. (Sharrows were installed between 55th St and Aileen St in January 2012 as part of a paving project. The adopted Bicycle Master Plan proposal is for bike lanes.)
- 57th St to the Berkeley border: bike lanes installed in 1999
last updated January 19, 2017