Our Upcoming Events
Telegraph Avenue Bikeway
Oakland's Bicycle Master Plan proposes bike lanes on the length of Telegraph Avenue. The project is being evaluated/implemented in phases, as described below. The most current and detailed information about the proposed Telegraph Avenue Bikeway is on the Telegraph Avenue Complete Streets Implementation Plan page.
- 16th Street to 17th Street: pending implementation in late 2015 as part of the Latham Square Project
- 17th Street to 20th Street: pending implementation in spring/summer 2015 as part of a multi-street paving contract
- 20th Street to 40th Street: pending implementation in spring/summer 2015 as part of a multi-street paving contract, based on the Telegraph Avenue Complete Streets Implementation Plan
- 40th Street to 57th Street: under evaluation/development. (Though sharrows were installed between 55th Street and Aileen Street in January 2012 as part of a paving project; the BMP proposal for bike lanes has not changed.) See Telegraph Avenue Complete Streets Implementation Plan for details
- 57th Street to the Berkeley border: bike lanes installed in 1999