Our Upcoming Events
Broadway Corridor Bikeway
Where: Along the Broadway/Webster/Franklin corridor, from downtown to Broadway at the Kay Overcrossing. The sections include:
- 14th Street to 25th Street (Webster/Franklin Streets one-way couplet): bike lanes were installed in winter 2012, funded by a Transportation Fund for Clean Air grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District and Alameda County Transportation Commission. In spring 2012, wayfinding signage was installed along this and the connecting bikeway described next.
- Franklin Street to 25th Street: bikeway was installed in July 2012. At the same time, the street was repaved north to the I-580 overpass. Funded by Federal Stimulus dollars as part of a multi-street resurfacing contract.
- 25th Street to the I-580 overpass: first installed in 1998; restriped in July 2012.
- I-580 overpass to 38th Street: will be installed by Kaiser Hospital as part of their hospital seismic retrofit/upgrade project.
- 38th Street to Broadway Terrace: bike lanes were installed in December 2014 as part of a Federally-funded multi-street resurfacing contract.
- Broadway Terrace to Keith Avenue: bike lanes in the feasibility phase, funded as part of the settlement for the Caldecott Fourth Bore project, which required Caltrans to pay for projects to mitigate the impacts of additional motor vehicle trips generated.
- Keith Avenue to the Kay Overcrossing: in the design phase, also as part of the mitigations for the Caldecott Fourth Bore Project.