Our Upcoming Events
Broadway Corridor Bikeway
Where: Along the Broadway/Webster/Franklin corridor, from downtown to Keith Avenue at Highway 24. The sections include:
- Bike lanes on the Webster/Franklin Street one-way couplet, from 14th Street to 25th Street. Striping was completed in winter 2012, funded by a Transportation Fund for Clean Air grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District and Alameda County Transportation Commission. In spring 2012, wayfinding signage was installed along this and the connecting bikeway described next.
- A connecting bikeway on Broadway between Franklin Street and 25th Street. Funded by Federal Stimulus dollars as part of a multi-street resurfacing contract, the bikeway was installed in July 2012. At the same time, the street was repaved north to the I-580 overpass.
- Bike lanes on Broadway between 25th Street and the I-580 overpass (first installed in 1998) were restriped in July 2012.
- The bikeway on Broadway between the I-580 overpass and 38th Street is being installed as part of the Kaiser Hospital project.
- Bike lanes on Broadway between 38th Street and Broadway Terrace, as part of a Federally-funded multi-street resurfacing contract, and planned for construction in 2013. See outreach mailer sent to residences within 400 feet of the project area on January 26, 2012, with a respond-by date of February 22, 2012. The project design was approved by the Oakland City Council on May 15, 2012, and is pending construction in 2013/2014.
- Bike lanes on Broadway between Broadway Terrace and Keith Avenue. This project is in the design phase and is funded as part of the settlement for the Caldecott Fourth Bore project, which required Caltrans to pay for projects to mitigate the impacts of additional motor vehicle trips generated.
- Bikes lane on Broadway between Keith Avenue and the Kay Overcrossing, also as part of the mitigations for the Caldecott Fourth Bore Project.