Our Upcoming Events
Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC)
An Ordinance making the BPAC a Mayor and City Council-appointed Commission was approved by the Oakland City Council on February 4, 2014 (see Ordinance). On July 29, the City Council approved the slate of nine commissioners. The first meeting of the Commission is on September 18, 2014.
Get information about the Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission. Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee information will remain on this page.
To receive notice of meeting agendas, subscribe to get updates via GovDelivery.
- BPAC Charter & Bylaws (.pdf)
- Download 2008-09 BPAC Chair Report (.pdf)
- Download 2007-08 BPAC Chair Report (.pdf)
Meeting Location & Schedule
Where: All meetings are held in City Hall, Sgt Daniel Sakai Hearing Room (formerly Hearing Room 4), on the second floor, north side of the building.
When: 5:30-7:30 p.m., the third Thursday of each month. (As needed, the room will be available at 5:15 p.m. to allow attendees to pre-review materials relevant to the meeting.)
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Resources for Committee Members
Council reports and adopted plans
- Five Year Prioritization Plan for the City of Oakland's Street Pavement Rehabilitation Program & Supplemental Report (11/6/07)
- Five-Year Prioritization Plan for the City of Oakland's Sidewalk Repair Program (10/28/08) & Supplemental Report (12/16/08)
- ADA Curb Ramp Transition Plan
- City of Oakland General Plan: includes links to all elements of the general plan such as the Land Use and Transportation (LUTE), Pedestrian Master Plan (PMP), and Bicycle Master Plan (BMP)
City of Oakland project lists
- ACTIA/Measure B-funded projects
- Measure DD-funded projects
- Active Capital Improvement Projects (CIP): GIS map
- Active Zoning Applications and Permits (CEDA, Planning & Zoning)
- Neighborhood and Area Plans
- Redevelopment Agency
Links to other City web pages
- Legistar: search database of City Council reports and resolutions
- ADA Program
- Pavement Management Program
- Sidewalk Repair Program
- Oakland Redevelopment Agency
- Public Works Customer Call Center (report maintenance issues online)
- Boards and Commissions page (including Member Handbook)