Our Upcoming Events
Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission
Oakland's Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) was established on February 4, 2014 to advise the City Council on programs and projects related to walking and bicycling. The first meeting of the Commission was on September 18, 2014. The duties of the BPAC according its establishing ordinance are:
- Review and advise on proposed projects for Transportation Development Act Article 3 funding;
- Provide input to staff on the expenditure of Measure B Bicycle & Pedestrian Pass through funds;
- Provide input to staff in implementation of the Bicycle Master Plan, the Pedestrian Master Plan, and other related Plans;
- Identify projects and plans that are pertinent to the Commission's purpose and prioritize those projects and plans for design review by the Commission.
- Commissioners | BPAC Commissioner Recruitment
- Meeting Location & Schedule
- Presenter Information
- Agendas & Minutes
- Ordinance establishing Commission
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Bikeway Projects
On July 29, 2014, City Council approved a slate of nine commissioners to serve staggered terms of one-to-three calendar years. On January 6, 2015, three commissioners were reappointed (City Council Resolution 85353 C.M.S).
|Commissioner||Term Start||Term End||Date Appointed||Term#|
|Ryan Chan (District 2)||Sept 2014||Dec 2018||July 29, 2014||2|
|Chris Hwang (District 2)||Sept 2014||Dec 2018||July 29, 2014||2|
|Christopher Kidd (District 3)||Sept 2014||Dec 2018||July 29, 2014||2|
|Fred McWilliams (District 7)||Sept 2014||Dec 2016||July 29, 2014||1|
|Robert Prinz (District 1)||Sept 2014||Dec 2018||July 29, 2014||2|
|Midori Tabata (District 6)||Sept 2014||Dec 2016||July 29, 2014||1|
|Rosa Villalobos (District 5)||Sept 2014||Dec 2019||July 29, 2014||2|
|Kenya Wheeler (District 3)||Sept 2014||Dec 2016||July 29, 2014||1|
BPAC Commissioner Recruitment
There will be three vacancies on the BPAC beginning January 1, 2016. Public Works conducted a recruitment process in October to help connect interested candidates with the Mayor's Office. Eight applications were received. These applications will be discussed at the November 19, 2015 BPAC meeting, and the Commission may forward a recommendation to the Mayor's Office.
To be notified about future vacancies, please subscribe to the BPAC agenda mailing list.
Regular Meeting Location & Schedule
Where: Monthly meetings are held in City Hall. As of February 18, 2016, unless otherwise noted at the top of an agenda, meetings are held in Hearing Room 3), on the first, south side of the building. Special meetings, not listed below, are held in the locations specified on the agenda (see below).
When: 6:00-8:00 p.m., the third Thursday of each month. (As needed, the room will be available at 5:30 p.m. to allow attendees to pre-review materials relevant to the meeting.) Special meetings are held at the time specified on the agenda.
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
To receive notice of meeting agendas, subscribe to get updates via GovDelivery.