Our Upcoming Events
Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission
Oakland's Bicyclist & Pedestrian Advisory Commission (BPAC) was established on February 4, 2014 to advise the City Council on programs and projects related to walking and bicycling. The first meeting of the Commission was on September 18, 2014. The duties of the BPAC according its establishing ordinance are:
- Review and advise on proposed projects for Transportation Development Act Article 3 funding;
- Provide input to staff on the expenditure of Measure B Bicycle & Pedestrian Pass through funds;
- Provide input to staff in implementation of the Bicycle Master Plan, the Pedestrian Master Plan, and other related Plans;
- Identify projects and plans that are pertinent to the Commission's purpose and prioritize those projects and plans for design review by the Commission.
- Commissioners | BPAC Commissioner Recruitment
- Meeting Location & Schedule
- Presenter Information
- Agendas & Minutes
- Open Forum Items Tracking
- Ordinance establishing Commission
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Bikeway Projects
|Current Commissioner Name||Current Term Start||Current Term End||Date First Appointed||Term#|
|Reginald K Burnette Jr (District 6)||Jan 2016||Dec 2018||May 17, 2016||1|
|Ryan Chan (District 2)||Jan 2015||Dec 2017||July 29, 2014||2|
|Chris Hwang (District 2)||Jan 2015||Dec 2017||July 29, 2014||2|
|Christopher Kidd (District 3)||Jan 2016||Dec 2018||July 29, 2014||2|
|Fred McWilliams (District 7)||Jan 2017||Dec 2019||July 29, 2014||2|
|Robert Prinz (District 1)||Jan 2016||Dec 2017||July 29, 2014||2|
|Midori Tabata (District 6)||Jan 2017||Dec 2019||July 29, 2014||2|
|Rosa Villalobos (District 5)||Jan 2016||Dec 2018||July 29, 2014||2|
|Kenya Wheeler (District 3)||Jan 2017||Dec 2019||July 29, 2014||2|
- January 6, 2015, three commissioners reappointed (City Council Resolution 85353 C.M.S.) to terms ending December 2017
- February 2, 2016, two commissioners reappointed (City Council Resolution 85976 C.M.S) to terms ending December 2018
- May 17, 2016, one commissioner appointed (City Council Resolution 86171 C.M.S.) to a term ending December 2018
- February 7, 2017, three commissioners reappointed (City Council Resolution 86578 C.M.S.) to terms ending December 2019
BPAC Commissioner Recruitment
The next expected vacancies to fill three positions will be in January 2018. To be notified of these and other future vacancies, please subscribe to the BPAC agenda mailing list.
Regular Meeting Location & Schedule
Where: Monthly meetings are held in City Hall Hearing Room 4 (unless otherwise noted at the top of an agenda). Hearing Room 4 is on the second floor, north side of the building. The location of special meetings, if convened, will be specified on the agenda.
When: 6:00-8:00 p.m., the third Thursday of each month. (As needed, the room will be available at 5:30 p.m. to allow attendees to pre-review materials relevant to the meeting.) Special meetings are held at the time specified on the agenda.
Meeting Agendas & Minutes
To receive notice of meeting agendas, subscribe to get updates via GovDelivery.