Our Upcoming Events
Specific and Area Plans
The City of Oakland is working with community stakeholders to develop land use and transportation goals, policies and programs in the following areas:
- Downtown Oakland Specific Plan ("Plan Downtown Oakland")
We urge you to get involved!
To spur investment in key neighborhoods, the City of Oakland has prepared Specific and Area Plans. These plans define a clear vision for these neighborhoods and how to achieve the vision. Development proposals consistent with these Plans benefit from a streamlined entitlement process, relying on the Plans’ approved Environmental Impact Reports (EIRs) for faster approval.
Additionally, the Plans serve as a comprehensive guidebook which addresses a number of planning, zoning and environmental issues upfront. This provides a significant amount of certainty for developers.
We urge you to become familiar with the goals, policies, programs and implementation measures included in these plans:
- Project Status Map for BVDSP (updated March 6, 2017)
- Brochure for BVDSP
- Broadway Valdez District Specific Plan
- Link to page with the BVDSP EIR, #17
- Central Estuary Area Plan (CEAP)
- Project Status Map for CEAP
- Central Estuary Specific Plan and Design Guidelines
- Link to page with the CEAP EIR, #28
- Coliseum Area Specific Plan (CASP)
- Project Status Map for CASP
- Brochure for CASP
- Coliseum Area Specific Plan
- Link to page with the CASP EIR, #23
- Lake Merritt Station Area Plan (LMSAP)
- Project Status Map for LMSAP (updated March 2017)
- Brochure for LMSAP
- Lake Merritt Station Area Plan and Design Guidelines
- Link to page with the LMSAP EIR, #16
- West Oakland Specific Plan (WOSP)
In addition to these Specific and Area Plans, the following Transportation Plans have been completed:
- Harrison Street/Oakland Avenue Community Transportation Plan
- International Boulevard Transit-Oriented Development Plan
Click here to view related Transportation Area Plans at the Public Works website.