Our Upcoming Events
Commissions and Boards
The purpose of the Oakland Planning Commission is "to promote the orderly growth and development of the City through studies, decisions on development proposals, policy recommendations to the City Council, and related activities."
City Planning Commission meetings are held twice a month on Wednesdays, usually at 6:00 p.m., but occasionally earlier if there is a long agenda, at Oakland City Hall, One Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Council Chambers in Oakland, CA 94612.
- Planning Commissioners
- Planning Commission Committee Assignments
- Planning Commission Meeting Archive
- 2016 Planning Commission Spring/Summer Schedule
- 2016 Planning Commission Summer/Fall Schedule
|March 1, 2017||Agenda|
|February 15, 2017||Agenda|
|February 1, 2017||Agenda||Watch the Video|
|January 18, 2017||Agenda Revised||Watch the Video|
|January 11, 2017||Agenda||Watch the Video|
Planning Commission Committees
Planning Commission Committee meetings are generally held on a monthly basis when there are items for review and are in the same location as full Planning Commission meetings. Please click on the links in order to view recent agendas and to confirm meeting times and locations.
- Design Review Committee (DRC)
- Residential Appeals Committee (RAC)
- Zoning Update Committee (ZUC)
- Special Projects Committee
- Policies and Procedures Committee
- Special Administrative Hearing (Egbert Souse's bar at 3758-3760 Piedmont Ave) - June 23, 2014 (CANCELLED)
- Special Administrative Hearing (Value Inn motel at 370 W. MacArthur Blvd) - February 2, 2016 (RESCHEDULED)
- Special Administrative Hearing (Value Inn Motel at 370 W. MacArthur Blvd) - April 19, 2016 - Staff Report
Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board
The Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board (LPAB) meetings are generally held on the second Monday of each month at 6 pm, at Oakland City Hall, One Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Hearing Room 1, in Oakland, CA 94612. Visit the links below for current and past LPAB agendas.
- Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board Agenda Archive
- Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board Meeting Calendar for 2016
- Landmarks Preservation Advisory Board Members