Our Upcoming Events
Citywide Planning Efforts
Area Plans Underway
To get Planning Commission agendas and staff reports, visit the Boards and Commissions page. This page also has information on the Landmark Preservation Advisory Board meeting and Planning Commission subcommittee meetings, including the Zoning Update Committee (ZUC), Design Review Committee (DRC), Residential Appeals Committee (RAC), Design Review Committee (DRC), Special Projects Committee and Policies and Procedures Committee.
Active Zoning Applications and Permits
Information about applications that are currently being considered by the Planning and Zoning Division (“Applications on File”) can be found by visiting the Application and Zoning Information page. Please also visit the Application and Zoning Information page for zoning permit application forms, helpful information on design preparation and environmental review documents on file or in progress.
For information about major development projects in Oakland, please refer to the City's List of Major Development Projects. If you have questions about a specific project on the list, please contact the staff person listed with the project.
Additional information concerning some of the major development projects in Oakland can be found at the links below:
- Lion Creek Crossings Phase V
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Seismic Upgrade and Master Plan
- Emerald Views Development Project (Formerly 222 19th Street Development Project)
- Fruitvale Transit Village (Phase 2)
- Kaiser Medical Center Rebuilding Project
- Kaiser Hospital Design Review
- MacArthur Transit Village Project
- Oak to Ninth Mixed Use Development
- Wood Street Development (formerly "Central Station")
- Head Royce School Determination
- Broadway-West Grand
- Safeway Redevelopment Project (Rockridge Shopping Center; Broadway @ Pleasant Valley Ave.)