Our Upcoming Events
Parking (Off-Street) Regulations Update
As part of the Citywide Zoning Update effort, the City is updating its regulations related to off-street parking. These regulations have not been comprehensively reviewed since 1965 and need to be updated to implement current City policies. Updating the parking regulations will include an evaluation of existing parking policies and issues in Oakland, as well as a review of strategies implemented in other cities. We urge you to become familiar with the parking regulations update process and get involved!
You can navigate through this webpage by clicking on the sections below:
If you would like to receive email notices about upcoming meetings and other updates, click here to sign up for email notifications (select "Parking Update" from the list of subscriptions).
The Parking Regulations Update is focused on requirements and standards for parking located on private and public property (off-street parking). Off-street parking regulations are typically associated with the type of development or activities occurring on the property or an adjacent property. Parking that is on public streets (on-street parking) will not be the focus of this process.
Workshops and Meetings
Reports and Documents
Ways to Participate or Contact Us
There are many ways to stay informed and participate in the parking update.
- Look for notices of upcoming public meetings and related information on this website.
- Get on the parking regulations update email distribution list. To be notified of public meetings related to the parking update, sign up here (select "Parking Update" from the list of subscriptions).
- Join us at scheduled community meetings. Information about the dates/time/location of upcoming meetings is provided in the Meetings and Workshops section above.
- Provide us with your written comments. You may fill out this Feedback Form or share general comments with us via email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please include "parking" in the subject line). You may also send the Feedback Form or a letter to: City of Oakland, Attn: Darin Ranelletti, Strategic Planning Division, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 3315, Oakland CA 94612 or fax to (510) 238-6538.
- Call us with questions or comments. If you have comments or questions, you may call the Strategic Planning Message Line at (510) 238-7299.