Our Upcoming Events
Green Building Checklists
Below are links to all the green building checklists referenced in the ordinance. Staff has also provided several documents that will be helpful in reconciling the CALGreen mandatory measures and the measures in the green building checklists referenced in Oakland's ordinance.
Build It Green: GreenPoint Rated
U. S. Green Building Council: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Click here for the New Construction and Major Renovations Checklist
- Click here for the Existing Building Operation and Maintenance Checklist
- Click here for the Commercial Interiors Checklist
- Click here for the Core and Shell Development Checklist
Optional alternative checklists for Compliance with the Ordinance include:
- Click here for the Schools New Construction and Major Renovations Checklist
- Click here for the New Home Checklist
- Click here for Retail Checklist
Additional Checklists for Project Applicant Consideration include:
- Click here for the Neighborhood Development Checklist
StopWaste.Org: Green Building in Alameda County
Reconciling the CALGreen Mandatory Requirements and the Build It Green, LEED, and StopWaste.Org Checklists
Below are several quick reference guides that provide a summary of the mandatory CALGreen requirements and the measures in the LEED and GreenPoint Rated green building programs.
Build It Green has updated their checklist to include CALGreen measures because it is a California-based program. LEED has not updated their checklists to include CALGreen. It is anticipated that StopWaste.Org will be updating their Small Commercial Checklist within several weeks to include the CALGreen measures. Please note that Oakland has NOT adopted the CALGreen Tiers and these measures cannot be used in lieu of compliance with the LEED or Build It Green requirements or certification.
- Introductory Letter to the CALGreen Guides
- CALGreen / Build It Green Reference Guide
- CALGreen / LEED Summary Reference Guide
- CALGreen Companion Guide for LEED NC projects