Our Upcoming Events
MacArthur Transit Village Project
2016 Parcel B Proposal (Applicant: Boston Properties)
- 1/11/17 Update: Planning Commission hearing continued to February 1, 2017. The application will be considered by the Planning Commission on February 1, 2017 (and not on January 18, 2017). Click here for link to Planning Commission agendas.
- 12/30/16 Update: Notice of Planning Commission hearing on January 18, 2017 (click here for link); and publication of "MacArthur Station--Modified 2016 Project CEQA Analysis" (click here for link): Hard copies of the CEQA analysis document can be reviewed/obtained at the Bureau of planning Office at 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, 2nd Floor Permit Center during business hours; the entire CEQA record is available electronically on this page (see below) and here. A future update to this page will provide a link to the Planning Commission staff report (available the weekend prior to the scheduled hearing).
- 12/6/16 Update: Community Meeting to be Hosted by Councilmember Kalb on Wednesday, December 14 (click here for invitation)
Boston Properties has submitted an application to the City of Oakland Bureau of Planning for development of MacArthur BART Parcel B. The proposed project is a revision to the adopted Planned Unit Development Permit to allow a 260-foot tower with up to 402 residential units, 10,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial uses and 260 parking spaces. The proposed project includes 45 affordable units.
- Revised Application Plans (December 15, 2016)
- Application Plans (July 2016)
- Revised Building Massing Proposal (September 2016)
- Design Review Committee Meeting (August 10, 2016) (agenda, staff report)
- Design Review Committee Meeting #2 (October 19, 2016) (agenda, staff report published on 10/14/16)
- Planning Commission (future date)
- City Council (future date)
Please contact City of Oakland Bureau of Planning staff Catherine Payne at (510) 238-6168 or email@example.com for additional information.
2016 Parcels A and C1 Revision to 2015 Final Development Permit (Applicant: MTCP)
The master developer (MTCP) has submitted an application to the City of Oakland Bureau of Planning to revise the Parcels A and C1 Final Development Permit to allow substitution of live/work for retail commercial uses, reduce on-site parking, and locate a project driveway on Telegraph Avenue
- Planning Commission (October 19, 2016) (agenda, staff report published on 10/14/16--see Item #5) *** PLEASE NOTE: THIS PUBLIC HEARING HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO NOVEMBER 2, 2016***
2008 Planned Unit Development (and related permits and agreements)
MacArthur Transit Community Partners, LLC (MTCP)
Project Manager - Art May (510) 903-2051
Project Description: The MacArthur Transit Village is a mixed-use, multi-phased transit-oriented development located at the MacArthur BART Station. The first phase started construction in 2011 with demolition and site remediation work. Construction of the new BART parking garage began in 2012 and the site development work (which includes new and renovated streets and associated improvements) and renovation of the BART Plaza will begin in early 2013. The second phase with the 90-unit affordable housing project will begin in 2013. To visit the developer's website on this project, please visit: http://macarthurstation.com/
Mixed Use Project
- Residential Units: 624 new residential units, including 516 market rate units and 108 below market rate units
- Retail Space: 42,500 square feet of commercial/neighborhood serving retail space
- Community Space: 5,000 square feet of community space (most likely a childcare center)
- BART Parking: 480 parking spaces within a new parking structure for BART patrons and guests.
- Resident Parking: 624 parking spaces for residential units (1 space per unit)
- Commercial/Guest Parking: 30 guest/commercial patron parking spaces and approximately 45 on-street parking spaces
- Building Height: 45 to 85 feet, 4 to 6 stories
Project Information & Approvals
City Council Ordinance 12883 C.M.S. -
Rezoning the project site to S-15 and adopting a text amendment to open space requirements in the S-15 zone.
City Council Resolution 81422 C.M.S.
Affirming the Planning Commission's decision to approve the project's development permits.
|Notice of Availability||For Draft EIR||1/31/2008|
|Notice of Availability||For Final EIR||5/23/2008|
|Draft Environmental Impact Report|
|Volume 2. Appendices A-E|
|Volume 3. Appendix F|
|Final Environmental Impact Report|
|Addendum Memo #1 (2010)|
|Addendum Memo #2 (2011)|