Our Upcoming Events
Mission & Goals
The Building Services Division provides services for building-related activities, including Code Enforcement, Inspections, Permits, Plan Reviews and Records.
The Building Services Division:
- Assures compliance with the California Building, Electrical, Plumbing Mechanical Codes and the Oakland Municipal Code to ensure the construction of safe buildings in Oakland
- Enforces the California Housing Law and the Oakland Municipal Code to ensure that existing buildings used for human occupancy and the surrounding property are maintained in a safe and healthy manner
- Assists builders, property owners, architects, engineers and realtors in understanding and processing appropriate construction permits
- Assists the development community to understand the state health and safety codes, regional environmental regulations, and city development and land subdivision ordinances
- Provides record cataloging and archive retrieval.