Our Upcoming Events
Crime prevention is a responsibility we all share. On this page, you will find what numbers to call for help, how you can report or help solve a crime, and how to protect yourself and loved ones.
Knowlege is power!
Scroll down to find:
- Contact numbers for assistance or to get more information
- Crime prevention tips
Find Assistance or Get More Information
Alameda County Health, Housing & Human Services
24-hour information and referral assistance every day of the year for health, housing and human services issues (homelessness, domestic violence, hunger, unemployment, etc.) See the 2-1-1 brochure.
Note: If you dial 9-1-1 on a cell phone in Oakland, your call will be received by the California Highway Patrol at the Vallejo Dispatch Center. This center responds to cell phone 9-1-1 calls from nine Bay Area counties. There will be a delay before your call can be forwarded to the Emergency Call Center.
Get a Crime Report
Go to Public Records Requests and use the request form to get a copy of a crime report.
Note: Crime reports are also known as Police Reports.
Crime Prevention Tips
Click on the topics listed to pull up Fact Sheets on various crime prevention topics.
- ATM Safety Tips - ATM Consejos de Seguridad - 自動櫃員機安全提示
- Alarm Scams
- Car Theft FAQs
- Cyberspace and Your Child
- Identity Theft/Cyber Attacks
- OPD Surveillance Systems Toolkit
- Personal Safety: Do You Have a Plan?
- Report or Help Solve a Crime FAQs
- Residential Burglaries
- Safety Tips: Avoid Being a Robbery Victim
- Self-Protection FAQs
- Suspicious Solicitors