Jobs & Contracts
Our Upcoming Events
Currently Accepting Applications!
Duties and Responsibilities
The Police Cadet Program is designed for hardworking, ambitious young men and women who desire to explore and develop careers in the field of law enforcement while completing college degrees. The primary intent of the program is to assist cadets to complete college degrees while providing them insight into the law enforcement profession. The goal of the program is to prepare Cadets for law enforcement service career as a Police Officer Trainee or other position with the Department.
Cadets are hourly part-time employees who receive training and experience in various aspects of the police service. Cadets may be rotated through a variety of assignments designed to stimulate their interest in professional police services. The program is comprised of intensive supervision, counseling, training and evaluation to develop their leadership qualities and prepare them for careers in law enforcement. Cadets shall be held strictly accountable for courtesy and professional conduct.
- Must be at least 17.5 but no older than 20.5 at the time of appointment.
- Must be a high school senior planning to attend an accredited college or university the next regular quarter or semester following graduation from high school
- Possess a valid unrestricted California driver's license
- Have no felony convictions
Qualified applicants must pass the following:
- Written examination
- Physical agility test
- Oral and Personal History Summary interviews
- Background investigation
- Medical examination