Jobs & Contracts
Our Upcoming Events
We Are Currently Accepting Applications
This is a temporary, part-time classification position whose incumbents conduct public safety employee background investigations. Incumbents may work a maximum of 960 hour limit per fiscal year. Receives general supervision from Sergeant of Police and/or Police Personnel Operations Specialist.
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from high school
- Licensing: Must possess a valid CCW license
- Insurance: Must possess valid PORAC LDF Retired Associate Member (RAM) Insurance
- Required Experience: Retired Oakland Police Department Law Enforcement Personnel in the California Public Employees' Retirement System
Qualified applicants must pass a background investigation.
- Complete the linked City of Oakland employment application form
- Submit the completed application and proof of RAM insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off in person at the OPD Recruiting & Backgrounds office, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite D, Oakland, CA 94612.