Our Upcoming Events
Bureau of Services
The Bureau of Services is led by Deputy Chief Danielle Outlaw.
The Bureau is made up of the following divisions:
Ms. Eugenia Oliver is the acting manager of the Communications Section.
The Communications Section is the primary public safety answering point for the City of Oakland. The Communications Section answers all 911 calls, all seven-digit emergency calls (777-3211) and all seven-digit non-emergency calls (777-3333). The Section receives all emergency calls for police, fire, and medical service in the City of Oakland. It dispatches all police resources to police calls and forwards other emergency calls to the appropriate agency. Communications also receives and evaluates non-emergency calls for police and City services, and it answers the Internal Affairs Division 24-Hour Complaint Hotline after regular business hours.
Personnel and Training Division
The Personnel Resources & Training Division is led by Captain Drennon Lindsey. The Division is composed of the following units:
The Personnel Section is administered by Acting Manager Ms. Kiona Suttle. Personnel is responsible for daily processing of all personnel-related matters. It maintains individual personnel files for everyone who works for OPD.
The Personnel Section recruits qualified people who are capable of providing outstanding police services to the citizens of Oakland. It maintains a constant flow of information to the public concerning employment opportunities within the Police Department. It coordinates the extensive selection processes for Police Officer Trainee and lateral Police Officer. And it conducts extensive background investigations on perspective personnel.
Personnel is divided into three units:
- Medical Unit
- Personnel Administrative Services / Payroll Unit
- Recruiting & Backgrounds Unit
Are you interested in joining the Oakland Police Department?Go to OPD-JOBS
Or call 1-888-OPD-JOBS (1-888-673-5627)
The Training Section is managed by Lt. Sekou Millington.
The Training Section is committed to providing the best law enforcement training available — utilizing the most effective and efficient technologies and up-to-date methodologies that are relevant and instructionally sound.
Training is divided into four units:
- Recruit Training - Prepares trainees and ensures that each student graduates with the demonstrated character, problem-solving abilities, human relations and communication skills and physical ability necessary to meet the professional standards required of a peace officer.
- Cadet Program - Designed for hardworking, ambitious young men and women who desire to explore and develop careers in law enforcement while attending college.
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) - Designed to educate law enforcement officers to interact with individuals with mental illness. For more information on this innovative program, see the Crisis Intervention Training page.
- In-Service Training - Provides on-going training and qualifications for all sworn and select civilian personnel.
Ms. Vijay Norfleet is the acting manager of the Records Division.
Records processes and maintains the Department’s records concerning all reported incidents, including crimes, arrests, towed vehicles, restraining orders, warrants, and teletypes. It provides access to information as allowed by statute to the law enforcement community and the general public.
The Records Kiosk in the Police Administration Building (PAB) lobby at 455 7th Street is open to the public from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday and from 8:00 am until noon on Saturday and Sunday.
Technology/Property & Evidence Section
Technology/Property & Evidence is composed of two units:
- Property & Evidence Unit
- Information Technology/Fleet
|The Property & Evidence Unit is responsible for receiving, processing, maintaining, releasing and disposing of property/evidence. |
By statute, law enforcement agencies must sell seized, recovered, found, and unclaimed personal property at public auction. This property (from OPD and other law enforcement agencies) is accessible at PropertyRoom.com.
|Information Technology/Fleet is managed by Acting Sergeant Irabe Taylor.|| |